Pcat very hard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdpcat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry for misspelling im writing this through my blackberry so its pretty difficult but let me know if you have questions ill answer them. And if your taking the pcat in jan. i suggest studying ahhh in october.:xf: and not using kaplan sorry kaplan higher scores guaranteed yeah maybe for your practice test not actual! peace be easy be safe my friends!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just to let u know, you can't discuss questions that were on the pcat with other people who are planning on taking the pcat. Should edit it

You are still young and have plenty of time to improve your score. At least you know which areas you lack and have an idea of how to better prepare yourself for next time. That's how I would look at it instead of all the negativity.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you do any practice tests? Believe it or not, all I did was do three practice tests from Pearson and scored 93 composite. I had a Kaplan book but I didn't read it. Sadly, standardized tests can be made relatively trivial if you familiarize yourself with the testing style. A lot of the questions asked on the PCAT follow the same format from test to test. It's less about knowing the knowledge, and more about being good at taking tests.

That being said, you still have to know a lot of trivial information for the biology, chem, and verbal section. But that is relatively basic stuff you should sort of just know as fun facts from over the years.

Last edited:
yiaLb.gif

There's a book called ExamKrackers: 101 Passages in MCAT Verbal Reasoning. It's floating around the web for your downloading pleasure, or you can buy it from Amazon. My reading comprehension score improved by 50+ just by reading the testing tips in the book. It probably would have gone up more if I had bothered to do any of the 101 practice passages. Good luck. :luck:

i would suggest investing in Dr. Collin's Pcat prep material, it was fantastic and i studied from that and got an 88 composite score on today's test. I was studying from Kaplan too and found it to be quite useless; the biology was way too detailed to retain any information, and the math and chem sections were lacking and didn't cover half the topics covered on the exam. The money for Dr. Collins was well worth it IMO! i would suggest studying from that and you will have much better luck next time :)

i would suggest investing in Dr. Collin's Pcat prep material, it was fantastic and i studied from that and got an 88 composite score on today's test. I was studying from Kaplan too and found it to be quite useless; the biology was way too detailed to retain any information, and the math and chem sections were lacking and didn't cover half the topics covered on the exam. The money for Dr. Collins was well worth it IMO! i would suggest studying from that and you will have much better luck next time :)

Where do i buy this new can you send me a link. thank you:D

Study earlier. I would try to give you pointers on where to study, but it looks you need help in all areas.

He's right. I don't know if English is your first language or if you read a lot, but people who speak English as their first language tend to do much better on the verbal and reading sections. Also, it helps if you have completed a majority of the pre-reqs.

He's right. I don't know if English is your first language or if you read a lot, but people who speak English as their first language tend to do much better on the verbal and reading sections. Also, it helps if you have completed a majority of the pre-reqs.

Yeah i didnt take orgo 1 or 2 or microbiology or physics. My first language is english/portugese. you know i can speak, but my brother is a physcian assistant and did well so i know i can but i just need to study earlier you know

Yeah i didnt take orgo 1 or 2 or microbiology or physics. My first language is english/portugese. you know i can speak, but my brother is a physcian assistant and did well so i know i can but i just need to study earlier you know

Just FYI, no physics on the PCAT :3

yiaLb.gif

There's a book called ExamKrackers: 101 Passages in MCAT Verbal Reasoning. It's floating around the web for your downloading pleasure, or you can buy it from Amazon. My reading comprehension score improved by 50+ just by reading the testing tips in the book. It probably would have gone up more if I had bothered to do any of the 101 practice passages. Good luck. :luck:

:thumbup:
I also used that ExamKrackers book and it improved my reading comprehension score :) Those passages were so much harder than the actual PCAT passages though :scared:

Actually physics problems are fair game on the quant section, albeit there may be a mere spattering. Not difficult at all. There is a couple in Collins' packet.
Anything physics is just going to be basic algebra. For example, I saw P=IV today on my test. No real knowledge of physics necessary

Ok so I used an old 2008 version of the Dr. Collins PCAT study guide material and I did horrible on the chemistry portion. I feel like I knew most of the material in the section down pat! There was so man organic questions on this pcat though and thats what tripped me up. Im not sure where to go from here. I scored well on all the other sections, but my chem is 40<x<50...this is very embarrassing for me to post. I honestly have no idea what to do from here though. I know its dumb for me to say this, but I guess I focused on all the wrong material.

Any help would be awesome.

THanks,

Ok so I used an old 2008 version of the Dr. Collins PCAT study guide material and I did horrible on the chemistry portion. I feel like I knew most of the material in the section down pat! There was so man organic questions on this pcat though and thats what tripped me up. Im not sure where to go from here. I scored well on all the other sections, but my chem is 40<x<50...this is very embarrassing for me to post. I honestly have no idea what to do from here though. I know its dumb for me to say this, but I guess I focused on all the wrong material.

Any help would be awesome.

THanks,

you saw the test its all random questions. study for a long time a real long time as a matter of fact! i guess dr collins is the way to go im going to try it why not:xf: worth the investment if it prepares you that well ya know

Could you please tell me where did u get it from, my weaknesses is verbal and reading comprehension?!