PCAT Veterans!!!!! HELP!!!

Started by arri
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

arri

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those of you who have experienced taking the PCAT, can you please offer us November test takers any last minute advice???

This is the last week the PCAT is offered in the year of 2013, lets end it strong everyone!!!!

Good luck to those who are taking the test this week (I'm one of them) and also, good luck to everyone with interviews and applications!!!
 
Those of you who have experienced taking the PCAT, can you please offer us November test takers any last minute advice???

This is the last week the PCAT is offered in the year of 2013, lets end it strong everyone!!!!

Good luck to those who are taking the test this week (I'm one of them) and also, good luck to everyone with interviews and applications!!!
Even if it feels like you did horrible, do not void your exam. You will probably do better than you expect!
 
I would concur with the above. Do NOT void your exam. I felt I was doing so terrible that during the break I was in a state of shock thinking "what am I gonna do with my life." I thought I BOMBED it. I even cut my break short because I decided to just get it over with. At the end I looked at the void option and thought about it for a minute. I grabbed my score and didn't even look at it until I got into the elevator. I thought I did in the 50's and finished in the mid 80's. I freaked. So do NOT void your exam.

Other than that, study till the very end. Try to get a good nights sleep but I know it will be hard. The last few days focus on only the areas where you feel you are most weak.

Good luck!
 
I would concur with the above. Do NOT void your exam. I felt I was doing so terrible that during the break I was in a state of shock thinking "what am I gonna do with my life." I thought I BOMBED it. I even cut my break short because I decided to just get it over with. At the end I looked at the void option and thought about it for a minute. I grabbed my score and didn't even look at it until I got into the elevator. I thought I did in the 50's and finished in the mid 80's. I freaked. So do NOT void your exam.

Other than that, study till the very end. Try to get a good nights sleep but I know it will be hard. The last few days focus on only the areas where you feel you are most weak.

Good luck!

absolute truth.. don't ever dispose your PCAT score option..seriously it's dumbaxxest option I've ever seen.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would concur with the above. Do NOT void your exam. I felt I was doing so terrible that during the break I was in a state of shock thinking "what am I gonna do with my life." I thought I BOMBED it. I even cut my break short because I decided to just get it over with. At the end I looked at the void option and thought about it for a minute. I grabbed my score and didn't even look at it until I got into the elevator. I thought I did in the 50's and finished in the mid 80's. I freaked. So do NOT void your exam.

Other than that, study till the very end. Try to get a good nights sleep but I know it will be hard. The last few days focus on only the areas where you feel you are most weak.

Good luck!

I agree! Just took mine and I felt like I would max get 70% composite but I ended getting a 99% composite! So, DO NOT EVER void your score! You never know!
 
I agree! Just took mine and I felt like I would max get 70% composite but I ended getting a 99% composite! So, DO NOT EVER void your score! You never know!
99%???? HOWWWWW did you prepare... i thought the RC was waaaaay too long and QA just something else.... ran out of time and didnt get through a lot. some questions i didnt even recognize! from study guides or from school back in the day... WHAT!!!!

congrats on your amazing score though!
 
99%???? HOWWWWW did you prepare... i thought the RC was waaaaay too long and QA just something else.... ran out of time and didnt get through a lot. some questions i didnt even recognize! from study guides or from school back in the day... WHAT!!!!

congrats on your amazing score though!

Thank you! I'm very surprised at my score but very ecstatic at the same time.

I actually skipped/guessed on at least 10 QA and RC was very hard for me. RC only got 62% but I knew from everyone's scores that RC and VA don't have as much weight on the composite as the sciences so I didn't focus in those.

I haven't taken prereqs for 10-13 years and didn't remember anything from those classes so the materials I used helped a lot! I went over collins twice to give me a background info, then read Kaplan science and math books to build my knowledge, then used quizlet to study vocab and Kaplan flash cards to reinforce, then went over Pearson review packet and each of the three tests two times, finally the day before I just went over collins chem and quant tests. I used YouTube and google for things I needed more clarity. I am not the type that likes to skip questions I didn't know but I learned to do that. I just kept a good pace for the exam and normally had extra time to go over each section.

A week before the exam I was mainly doing tests within the time limit given. So I think that also helped me with not running out of time for quant, etc. hope that helps!