PCCM Application thread '08-09 version

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just curious.

well, Pacific time here, so i'll be quite busy rounding post-call in ICU... so I am not sure if I want to be emotionally affected first thing in the morning. I think I would need to sit down in a quiet room for this...

Would my IM residency's program director have any access to where I match, though?

Members don't see this ad.

How will I know if I matched to a program?

Beginning at noon Eastern Time on Match Day, applicants may use their AAMC ID's and password to access the web-based Registration, Ranking and Results (R3) System and

1) find out whether they matched and, if so, to which program, and
2) view associated reports.

Match results information also is available to applicants by calling the NRMP office at (202) 862-6077 or 1-866-617-5834.

So we actually have to log in? I thought we just got an email on the morning of 6/17 outlining whether we matched or not and to where? That's too bad if I have to wait until noon! Well, 11 am for me, but still.

Last edited:
So we actually have to log in? I thought we just got an email on the morning of 6/17 outlining whether we matched or not and to where? That's too bad if I have to wait until noon! Well, 1 pm for me.

12p EST would be

11a CST
10a MST
9a PST

I don't know if they email out the results to the applicants or not. I looked but could not find that info on their website. I'd assume they would like the residency match, but I don't know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was curious about some of the above questions so called them and per representative -

1) No email. We have to log on June 17 at noon EST to find out our match results

Hope this helps and good luck to us all

8 days left. Good Luck!!

This is off topic, but one of the first year fellows at UC San Diego just left and presumably there is a PGY-5 (ie 2nd year) position available. In case any of you have problems matching or can start immediately, this might be helpful.

Be forewarned however that the program currently is undergoing lots of transition.

You can find the program director's e-mail via google or send me a PM.

Last edited:
Was curious about some of the above questions so called them and per representative -

1) No email. We have to log on June 17 at noon EST to find out our match results

Hope this helps and good luck to us all

Thanks for checking on this. I guess logging on should be easy enough - I'm just so nervous!

I am stressed too. Good Luck to all of us.

19 hrs to go!!!!

Code:
Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine (Internal Medicine) 

Program Statistics           Number            % 
Enrolled Programs            126 
Withdrawn Programs            2 
Certified Programs            124 
Programs Filled                 116              94% 
Programs Unfilled              8                 6% 
Certified Positions             410 
Positions Filled                  398             97% 
Positions Unfilled                12              3% 

Applicant Statistics            Number            % 
Matched Applicants            398 
US Grad                           201                 51% 
US Foreign                        41                  10% 
Osteopathic                     24                   6% 
Foreign                          127                  32% 
Fifth Pathway                  3                     1% 
Canadian                          2                    1%

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my first choice, Mayo Clinic Rochester. :highfive:

Hope everyone is happy with the results.

Best wishes.

:thumbup:
UAMS
Hope everyone matched into their top choices

I hope that the post-match silence on this thread is not an indication of poor outcomes. I hope you all matched!

I was worried too.

I hope everyone did well!

people are probably just preoccupied about moving expenses.

I got my top choice: OHSU

I hope you are right. Glad you got your top choice! I'm psyched to start next year.

Matched, but not at my top choice, still happy.
Thanks to all you guys who shared your stuff with us all these days. I wish good luck to all of you and am sure we will meet each other in future though we may not know who is who!!! All the best

Last edited:
congrats all. I got my no. 3 - very excited.

Matched at my ideal program, and I'm thrilled.

Congrats to everyone else.

Last edited:
Guys, Hi. I am new to the forum. I wanted a pulmonary and critical care fellow or an attending to help me. I recently matched for pulmonary for next year and am debating between prim care versus pulmonary. Many of friends in prim care are doing great. How is life and salary in pulmonary and critical care and is it totally worth doing? I know it is not Cards or GI but what is it doing pulmonary like?

Guys, Hi. I am new to the forum. I wanted a pulmonary and critical care fellow or an attending to help me. I recently matched for pulmonary for next year and am debating between prim care versus pulmonary. Many of friends in prim care are doing great. How is life and salary in pulmonary and critical care and is it totally worth doing? I know it is not Cards or GI but what is it doing pulmonary like?

You matched to PCCM and are considering primary care!?
More importantly, you put efforts into applying and matching PCCM and are now considering whether salary and lifestyle are worth it after matching?

Pulmonary has worse lifestyle compared to cards and GI.
Not to mention comparing with primary care.

I am seriously worried about your dedication if you are thinking about lifestyle at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.