PCO changing name and status???

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shirazyterp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got this email that say's PCO wil be changing name and status!....
Is it becoming a university?
What's the name going to be?

Will this just make the cost of attending there go up and be no good for us student?

PRO's?

CON's?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got this email that say's PCO wil be changing name and status!....
Is it becoming a university?
What's the name going to be?

Will this just make the cost of attending there go up and be no good for us student?

PRO's?

CON's?

From what I heard, and I'm still a future student...because they offer so many programs now they are getting university status...I believe the new name is going to be Salis (sp) University...I duno its kind of weird for us, but I don't think its going to increase any costs...

From what I heard, and I'm still a future student...because they offer so many programs now they are getting university status...I believe the new name is going to be Salis (sp) University...I duno its kind of weird for us, but I don't think its going to increase any costs...

Salis University.....I dont' know if I like the name..lol
They told me they might be starting a Maters in Public Health(MPH) Program in the next year or two at my interview. I hope they are starting that next year so I can get right in there with a combined program.

I know they have Audiology, vision science MS, and Physician assistant program.

What else do they have?
Will they be adding alot more?

Members don't see this ad :)
Salis University.....I dont' know if I like the name..lol
They told me they might be starting a Maters in Public Health(MPH) Program in the next year or two at my interview. I hope they are starting that next year so I can get right in there with a combined program.

I know they have Audiology, vision science MS, and Physician assistant program.

What else do they have?
Will they be adding alot more?

They have some rehab courses, but I think it was mostly a result of incoporating their PA and audiology program...not exactly sure I didn't talk about it much during my interview, but a friend of mine who was applying for the PA program heard more about it I guess its going to benefit them more than the opt students (don't think it will affect us at all), but I think she told me they wanted to add another building or soemthing, can't really remember but I was never told that. And I don't think I like that name either...I like the name the way it is ;)

the pending name is Pennsylvania University of the Health Sciences.
PUHS.. haha. they better not change it to salis, or anything like it.

the pending name is Pennsylvania University of the Health Sciences.
PUHS.. haha. they better not change it to salis, or anything like it.
I like PUHS better!
Except change the H and S aroudn you get PUSH!...lol So are they trying to PUHS us!!!..Joking! :laugh:

I like PUHS better!
Except change the H and S aroudn you get PUSH!...lol So are they trying to PUHS us!!!..Joking! :laugh:

Oh goodness,

Don't tell me you're one of those people who constantly cracks corny jokes! :D

I recently visited PCO for a "counseling session" and tour, and we spoke a bit about this.

She said its being done becuase there are more programs besides optometry. Audiologists were getting diplomas that said they got it from "Pennsylvania College of Optometry." Which looked dumb I suppose.

She told me "it won't affect you at all - your certificate will still say Pennsylvania College of Optometry when you are done."

So, for us at least, no big deal.

The new name was unveiled during a celebration today. It will be now known as Salus University (effective in July). Salus means health and well being. The Pennsylvania College of Optometry will remain as the integral college of the university. I'm not a huge fan of the name change myself, but what can ya do. Tuition will increase by $1,000 for this coming year. :(

oh great... it is salus. i don't feel like studying anymore

The new name was unveiled during a celebration today. It will be now known as Salus University (effective in July). Salus means health and well being. The Pennsylvania College of Optometry will remain as the integral college of the university. I'm not a huge fan of the name change myself, but what can ya do. Tuition will increase by $1,000 for this coming year. :(

Shouldn't tuition decrease by $1000 for making the students put up with the name of Salus University?

no offense, but I am glad that I didn't sign up with Salus University :p

Well we are getting a brand new renovated TEI soon! Too bad 3rd yrs will be gone by the time it's probaly done.

ooo newly renovated TEI?? when are all the renovations going to be finished? Are they just gonna replace all those damn ugly pipes above ppls heads?

Future students degrees will say PCO on it.

When I was at my interview our tour guide said the renovations were going to start this summer, not sure how long it will take though!

I'm not sure how long it's gonna take, maybe 2 years? But it looks very modern from the rendered drawings I saw. Very nice from the outside. Supposed to be a lot bigger and more organized, right now it's kinda chaotic and ugly. I also heard that PCO is building another satellite clinic, don't know if that's a rumor. But that'll be nice having 4 clinics than!

2 years ohhh damn.. well that main clinic is pretty crappy.. prob the most disappointing part of PCO.. but oh well... hopefully the renovations will look decent