1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

PCO First Years---I need a roommate!

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by daysend85, Apr 21, 2007.

1. daysend85

2+ Year Member

Hey fellow PCO first years, I need a roommate! I've checked out several apartment complexes near the school and have information about them. The ones I visited were: Brookview at Elkins Park, Jericho Manor, Trilogy, and The Colonade. I saw the exterior/surrounding area of Wyncote House and Regency Park Apartments, and I did only that because Regency Park was closed for the day when I got to them and Wyncote House was "busy."

My favorite was Brookview, but I also liked Jericho Manor and Trilogy. I didn't really like Colonade and it seemed like the rent was a ripoff for what you got. I laughed my a** off when I saw ducks swimming in the dark green water of their pool and then the leasing agent said that they'd open up the pool soon :laugh:. I didn't care for the area that Regency Park Apts was in, it is in north Philly and things started getting a little too congested for me. Wyncote House did not look like anything special from the outside and they're expensive and I also don't want to live with a bunch of older people who I've been told are snooty. Also, the leasing agent from Wyncote is always busy when I call, so I figured they didn't want my business. I checked on the availability for the apartments at all of the places for around mid-August and they recommended that I get back to them as soon as possible if I'm interested. Colonade told me that there is now a wait list. I find that hard to believe.

I want to split the rent and I want a roommate so we could study together, have fun, etc. I've always been a commuter so I'm ready for something new. I need to know soon if I will have a roommate so that I know whether to get a 2 bedroom or a 1 bedroom. I'm an easy going guy who is easy to get along with and I have a good sense of humor. I'm pretty much right in the middle of the personality scale, a mix of extroversion and introversion. I can be quiet but I also enjoy going to the bar for some drinks and fun. ;) PM me or leave a post if you think you might be interested. Then, I'll tell you more about my personality and interests. Thanks, Matt.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ML1983

ML1983 PCO Class of 2010
    5+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    Colonade does have a wait list. There's a whole bunch of people waiting for 1 bedroom and 2 bedrooms. Don't be too surprised. I live there, it looks like crap and there's some weird people, but other than that my room is good. No bugs or rodents. You keep it clean, and they will not come. So far I've had 5 times without hot water at night. That's fine, no biggie. Other than that, maintence comes to fix anything if you have a problem. Don't believe everything you hear unless you've heard from a current first yr :)

4. daysend85

2+ Year Member

I don't know, I guess it's just that I found better places to live that are a little cheaper. But, the one thing that those places lack is the closeness to PCO. Colonade's location can't be beat.

5. gkchhina

gkchhina pco - Class of 2011
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    I agree! I'll be attending PCO in the fall and my roommates and I are getting a 3 bedroom at the Colonade.

6. hfpepperbean47

hfpepperbean47 You wish you were me
    2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    Yes...the next part. Finding a place for the five esses - ****, shower, shave, sleep, and study...in no particular order

7. rallthenamesgon

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    hfpepperbean47 did you get in to PCO? If so congrats!

8. WannabeOD083

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    I was recently accepted to PCO, and I need a roommate too. I haven't received the paperwork for the housing site yet, so I thought I would give this a try. Im planning on moving there in July (i live about 20 min from the school) and I think Brookview is going to be my choice. If your interested let me know. I've always been a commuter, so I've never lived away from home..and Im really excited to be on my own. If your interested and want to know more about me PM me! Thanks, Laura

9. vsarge0708

vsarge0708 Nova class of 2011
    2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    Watch out guys she snores real bad and has overactive sweat glands...just be careful...

10. WannabeOD083

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Isn't he sweet? I just love when you tell my secrets. I snore huh? I dont think I remember spending the night with you..

Hmm..who got accepted again?

Bring it on baby! Cause whats that you always say ...oh yea I can go all night long!

*Zing*

11. vsarge0708

vsarge0708 Nova class of 2011
    2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    Don't mind her, she's just upset because somebody dropped a house on her sister...

12. WannabeOD083

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Skullet: A stylistic variation of the mullet. The skullet is a strange creature, often accompanied a receeding hairline and a pseudo mohawk
    See also: www.mulletjunky.com
    See also: vsarge0708

all night long...

13. WannabeOD083

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    (Sung loud and obnoxiously)

I've cried a thousand rivers... (thats a no brainer)
    We've had some some good times...

Ill be there for you, these five words I swear to you
    I'll be there for you!!

Bon Jovi=feel good music

14. daysend85

2+ Year Member

I guess I missed something? :)

15. tcshin

tcshin New Member

Pre-Optometry
    Hey girls!

This girl and I are planning on renting an apt at the Colonade. We were planning on getting a 3 bedroom/2bath. So we need one more person! :)

Who is the Lucky girl that will be living with us?!!! :p
    Just Message me if you are looking for a place and if you have any questions. We didn't get the place yet, but I'm working on it with the lady there... Thanks!!!

can't wait to see meet all of you guys!!
    GO PCO!:laugh:

-Teresa

16. daysend85

2+ Year Member