PCO First Years---I need a roommate!

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daysend85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow PCO first years, I need a roommate! I've checked out several apartment complexes near the school and have information about them. The ones I visited were: Brookview at Elkins Park, Jericho Manor, Trilogy, and The Colonade. I saw the exterior/surrounding area of Wyncote House and Regency Park Apartments, and I did only that because Regency Park was closed for the day when I got to them and Wyncote House was "busy."

My favorite was Brookview, but I also liked Jericho Manor and Trilogy. I didn't really like Colonade and it seemed like the rent was a ripoff for what you got. I laughed my a** off when I saw ducks swimming in the dark green water of their pool and then the leasing agent said that they'd open up the pool soon :laugh:. I didn't care for the area that Regency Park Apts was in, it is in north Philly and things started getting a little too congested for me. Wyncote House did not look like anything special from the outside and they're expensive and I also don't want to live with a bunch of older people who I've been told are snooty. Also, the leasing agent from Wyncote is always busy when I call, so I figured they didn't want my business. I checked on the availability for the apartments at all of the places for around mid-August and they recommended that I get back to them as soon as possible if I'm interested. Colonade told me that there is now a wait list. I find that hard to believe.

I want to split the rent and I want a roommate so we could study together, have fun, etc. I've always been a commuter so I'm ready for something new. I need to know soon if I will have a roommate so that I know whether to get a 2 bedroom or a 1 bedroom. I'm an easy going guy who is easy to get along with and I have a good sense of humor. I'm pretty much right in the middle of the personality scale, a mix of extroversion and introversion. I can be quiet but I also enjoy going to the bar for some drinks and fun. ;) PM me or leave a post if you think you might be interested. Then, I'll tell you more about my personality and interests. Thanks, Matt.

Members don't see this ad.

Colonade does have a wait list. There's a whole bunch of people waiting for 1 bedroom and 2 bedrooms. Don't be too surprised. I live there, it looks like crap and there's some weird people, but other than that my room is good. No bugs or rodents. You keep it clean, and they will not come. So far I've had 5 times without hot water at night. That's fine, no biggie. Other than that, maintence comes to fix anything if you have a problem. Don't believe everything you hear unless you've heard from a current first yr :)

I don't know, I guess it's just that I found better places to live that are a little cheaper. But, the one thing that those places lack is the closeness to PCO. Colonade's location can't be beat.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know, I guess it's just that I found better places to live that are a little cheaper. But, the one thing that those places lack is the closeness to PCO. Colonade's location can't be beat.

I agree! I'll be attending PCO in the fall and my roommates and I are getting a 3 bedroom at the Colonade.

Yes...the next part. Finding a place for the five esses - ****, shower, shave, sleep, and study...in no particular order

I was recently accepted to PCO, and I need a roommate too. I haven't received the paperwork for the housing site yet, so I thought I would give this a try. Im planning on moving there in July (i live about 20 min from the school) and I think Brookview is going to be my choice. If your interested let me know. I've always been a commuter, so I've never lived away from home..and Im really excited to be on my own. If your interested and want to know more about me PM me! Thanks, Laura

I was recently accepted to PCO, and I need a roommate too. I haven't received the paperwork for the housing site yet, so I thought I would give this a try. Im planning on moving there in July (i live about 20 min from the school) and I think Brookview is going to be my choice. If your interested let me know. I've always been a commuter, so I've never lived away from home..and Im really excited to be on my own. If your interested and want to know more about me PM me! Thanks, Laura

Watch out guys she snores real bad and has overactive sweat glands...just be careful...

Isn't he sweet? I just love when you tell my secrets. I snore huh? I dont think I remember spending the night with you..

Hmm..who got accepted again?

Bring it on baby! Cause whats that you always say ...oh yea I can go all night long!

*Zing*

Isn't he sweet? I just love when you tell my secrets. I snore huh? I dont think I remember spending the night with you..

Hmm..who got accepted again?

Bring it on baby! Cause whats that you always say ...oh yea I can go all night long!

*Zing*

Don't mind her, she's just upset because somebody dropped a house on her sister...

Skullet: A stylistic variation of the mullet. The skullet is a strange creature, often accompanied a receeding hairline and a pseudo mohawk
See also: www.mulletjunky.com
See also: vsarge0708

all night long...

(Sung loud and obnoxiously)

I've cried a thousand rivers... (thats a no brainer)
We've had some some good times...

Ill be there for you, these five words I swear to you
I'll be there for you!!

Bon Jovi=feel good music

Hey girls!

This girl and I are planning on renting an apt at the Colonade. We were planning on getting a 3 bedroom/2bath. So we need one more person! :)

Who is the Lucky girl that will be living with us?!!! :p
Just Message me if you are looking for a place and if you have any questions. We didn't get the place yet, but I'm working on it with the lady there... Thanks!!!

can't wait to see meet all of you guys!!
GO PCO!:laugh:

-Teresa