KwijiboOO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Status
I've looked through the Colonade and it looks nice. Where did you guys stay and where do you recommend? Who's entering this fall?

akwong44

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
Status
KwijiboOO said:
I've looked through the Colonade and it looks nice. Where did you guys stay and where do you recommend? Who's entering this fall?

hey this is a review of colonade that i found

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/PA-Jenkintown.html

i looked at trilogy in wyncote (formerly cedarbrook apts) i really like it, its only like 5 blocks from the school, however the reviews on those apartments from the same website link above scared me! they all seem to mention mice!! which scares me im not used to mice in apartments being from nc, guess its common in bigger cities in large complexes. anyway that website of reviews might help. the website for trilogy is trilogyapts.com.

april

Tw OD

10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status
Most first years live in the Colonade. With all the running back and forth between classes, labs, library and practicing in the clinical skills lab at night I find the Colonade to be very practical. Brookview is probably the nicest that Ive seen but it's about a 5 minute drive where as the Colonade you can just walk right across the street. Be careful picking from PCO's list because some of those places arent in the best of neighborhoods.

Congrats on picking PCO

christie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2001
Visit site
Status
I lived in Cedarbrook..there are many amenties to that apartment. I personally didn't see any mice, but heard people had them. Don't even look at Lynewood Gardens. If anyone wants advice on where to live near PCO PM me. Good Luck. :)

OP
K

KwijiboOO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Status
Cool I can't wait to meet all of you guys. AI and C Webb!!!

Katalio

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2004
Vancouver, BC
www.xanga.com
Status
wyncote is farther than Colonade right??
Between which one is better?

For you PCO accepted ppls, usually how long b4 they replied u whether you get accepted or not?? I interview last thursday.. when should I expect a reply?

thx for the info! =)

(Anxiously waiting for results

OP
K

KwijiboOO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Status
Katalio said:
wyncote is farther than Colonade right??
Between which one is better?

For you PCO accepted ppls, usually how long b4 they replied u whether you get accepted or not?? I interview last thursday.. when should I expect a reply?

thx for the info! =)

(Anxiously waiting for results
they told me 2 weeks after the interview, but they didn't decide until a month later. I know colonade is right across the street from PCO but I've never seen wyncote.

KaBlamO

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 24, 2004
Status
colonade is closer by a block, but wyncote has hot water 24/7 and the walls are a bit thicker. parking is way better by wyncote too. walk from wyncote to school is like 8-10 mins

abs1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2001
Philadelphia
Visit site
Status
most people live in the colonade 1st yr. :) you cant beat how close it is and that you have so many other people around you doing the same thing. its basically a PCO dorm.

if you are looking for something that gives you more room and is less $$, i lived in English Village all 3 yrs, but it is about 15mins from school and 20-30 mins from TEI. It was great for me because my wife didnt want to live in the colonade and she didnt want to live in any of the sketchier areas around school down close to TEI. its def safer up there and allows you to get away from school. but if you dont want to drive, and want to be engrossed in the social atmophere of school dont go to EV. :) it was great for a married couple tho. :)

christie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2001
Visit site
Status
Just like abs1 mentioned, English Village is a great place to live. I'm actually going to live there when I have my peds rotation.

Katalio

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2004
Vancouver, BC
www.xanga.com
Status
A question to those who are attending pco rightnow! =)

Where do you guys get your groceries and stuff? is there a supermarket or a grocery store near by? Any walmart etc?

When I went there, I didn't see a whole lot. I can hardly see anyone walking on the streets!

Thx

Katalio

Dominic

PCO C/O 2009!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Heading to Philly!
Status
I saw a walmart up on Blair Mill Rd so they exist... somewhere. I am going to live wherever I can if I can split an apartment - Im listed on the PCO blackboard for roommates now. However as a single Im going to try to live in St. Ives. It's 11mi away but you get a lot for your money :)

Katalio

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2004
Vancouver, BC
www.xanga.com
Status
Dominic said:
I saw a walmart up on Blair Mill Rd so they exist... somewhere. I am going to live wherever I can if I can split an apartment - Im listed on the PCO blackboard for roommates now. However as a single Im going to try to live in St. Ives. It's 11mi away but you get a lot for your money :)
Ahh, Walmart! I guess I have to get a car when I attend PCO then. I was thinking of not getting a car, but then it'll be such a hassle to buy ur daily needs etc.

OP
K

KwijiboOO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Status
Did any of you guys recieve the letter explaining how to get onto the PCO roommate search website? ....cause i didn't :scared:

Dominic

PCO C/O 2009!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Heading to Philly!
Status
I did! Its basically just a blackboard login, and it came a week ago I believe.

AmberT

The Mrs.
10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
The Wyncote House
Status
Hi, my name is Amber and I've been living here for almost a year now. My husband is a first year right now. I've seen pretty much all the apartmet around here. Here's the lowdown:

Colonade:-It's close to the school, but the water isn't always hot, it kind of has a funk, the maintinance is crap (our friends apartment got flooded, he was out of town and they didn't even contact him) and they wont replace his carpets, and they do have roaches

Lynnwood:-Fairly "ghetto" neighbouhood. But is not apartment style, so there is more privacy. Some of the townhouses do have mice and roaches though. Not to far from school. About 3-4 min. drive. Fairly nice, but not as safe of an area.

Bromley:-Fairly "ghetto" neighbouhood. But also faily quiet complex. The maintinace staff and management is good, nice apartmets inside, do have roaches though, is farther from the school than the others and in a less safe area.

Wyncote:-Really nice. Pretty much the same price as colonade. One block farther west from the school, but worth the walk. Always hot water, no smell, 24 hour security, always ample parking, really nice inside and out, maintinance is very good.

Hope this helps.
Amber

akwong44

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
Status
AmberT said:
Hi, my name is Amber and I've been living here for almost a year now. My husband is a first year right now. I've seen pretty much all the apartmet around here. Here's the lowdown:

Colonade:-It's close to the school, but the water isn't always hot, it kind of has a funk, the maintinance is crap (our friends apartment got flooded, he was out of town and they didn't even contact him) and they wont replace his carpets, and they do have roaches

Lynnwood:-Fairly "ghetto" neighbouhood. But is not apartment style, so there is more privacy. Some of the townhouses do have mice and roaches though. Not to far from school. About 3-4 min. drive. Fairly nice, but not as safe of an area.

Bromley:-Fairly "ghetto" neighbouhood. But also faily quiet complex. The maintinace staff and management is good, nice apartmets inside, do have roaches though, is farther from the school than the others and in a less safe area.

Wyncote:-Really nice. Pretty much the same price as colonade. One block farther west from the school, but worth the walk. Always hot water, no smell, 24 hour security, always ample parking, really nice inside and out, maintinance is very good.

Hope this helps.
Amber
Hey Amber!...what do u know or think of trilogy (formerly ceaderbrook)...if your familiar with it. thanks!

GracieNY

10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
NY
Status
Hello all! I went to PCO this past weekend to show my family the school and to do some apartment hunting. I got a good idea of the apartments in the area, despite the constant rainstorms that left us cold, wet, and ill-tempered. Nonetheless, here's my report on my top 3 choices, here goes...

Colonade- Location is the only convenience, it's right across the street from PCO (less than 5 min walk.) The rooms look clean and decent, but the hallways smell, it doesn't look very safe, and the demographics are about...umm let's say 99! I personally would not be happy living there. Besides, it's not worth the $1200 for a two bedroom. It includes everything except electric (heat is electric in most of these places) Prices vary depending on the kitchen style, some are newer. No washer and dryer.

Wyncote- We only got to see the lobby because there was no one there on the weekend to show us the apartments, but it looks better than Colonade and you can definately still walk to PCO if you wanted (~10 min walk.)

Trilogy- My first impression was definately a great one. I was impressed with the 24/7 security and this complex has a lot to offer as far as fitness room, restaurant, spa, etc. The smaller apartments that appeal more to students let's say may be a bit smaller than the colonade but they are very new, include washer/dryer and brand new kitchen. There's a shop rite directly across the street, but you'd have to drive to PCO (about 4-5 miles.) I was very impressed. If you chose to live here, you'd be paying not only for apartment space, but a whole lifestyle.

Hope that helps a little...i'm gonna prolly decide btw the wyncote and trilogy...too bad i didnt' get to see the wyncote...can anyone give me any feedback on it??? I would appreciate it:) :oops:

Katalio

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2004
Vancouver, BC
www.xanga.com
Status
GracieNY said:
Hello all! I went to PCO this past weekend to show my family the school and to do some apartment hunting. I got a good idea of the apartments in the area, despite the constant rainstorms that left us cold, wet, and ill-tempered. Nonetheless, here's my report on my top 3 choices, here goes...

Colonade- Location is the only convenience, it's right across the street from PCO (less than 5 min walk.) The rooms look clean and decent, but the hallways smell, it doesn't look very safe, and the demographics are about...umm let's say 99! I personally would not be happy living there. Besides, it's not worth the $1200 for a two bedroom. It includes everything except electric (heat is electric in most of these places) Prices vary depending on the kitchen style, some are newer. No washer and dryer.

Wyncote- We only got to see the lobby because there was no one there on the weekend to show us the apartments, but it looks better than Colonade and you can definately still walk to PCO if you wanted (~10 min walk.)

Trilogy- My first impression was definately a great one. I was impressed with the 24/7 security and this complex has a lot to offer as far as fitness room, restaurant, spa, etc. The smaller apartments that appeal more to students let's say may be a bit smaller than the colonade but they are very new, include washer/dryer and brand new kitchen. There's a shop rite directly across the street, but you'd have to drive to PCO (about 4-5 miles.) I was very impressed. If you chose to live here, you'd be paying not only for apartment space, but a whole lifestyle.

Hope that helps a little...i'm gonna prolly decide btw the wyncote and trilogy...too bad i didnt' get to see the wyncote...can anyone give me any feedback on it??? I would appreciate it:) :oops:

Hiya All,

I just came back from PCO yesterday from my brother's interview. I went to look at Wyncote and C also. I get to see Wyncote rooms becoz it was a Friday. I think it's pretty nice, although very expensive. It looks safe and all, pretty close ot the school.. and I think I"m going to live there for sure now. It's about 1000 per month 1 bedroom! -___-. I believe you still have to pay for your own utlities etc... and Furnitures, you'll hafta buy that urself. I dunno but when I visted the room in C, it had furnitures to it. There are also some houses/semi houses at the back of PCO. I'ts still constructing, but I heard that those are very very nice and expensive! =)

Katalio

I didn't get to see the trilogy, how much does that cost?

Thx

akwong44

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
Status
Katalio said:
Hiya All,

I just came back from PCO yesterday from my brother's interview. I went to look at Wyncote and C also. I get to see Wyncote rooms becoz it was a Friday. I think it's pretty nice, although very expensive. It looks safe and all, pretty close ot the school.. and I think I"m going to live there for sure now. It's about 1000 per month 1 bedroom! -___-. I believe you still have to pay for your own utlities etc... and Furnitures, you'll hafta buy that urself. I dunno but when I visted the room in C, it had furnitures to it. There are also some houses/semi houses at the back of PCO. I'ts still constructing, but I heard that those are very very nice and expensive! =)

Katalio

I didn't get to see the trilogy, how much does that cost?

Thx
hey...i decided on trilogy and sent in my depost....i am getting a 2 bdrm/1 bath..for $1280, however in that style the bedrooms are very small...they have one bedrooms that start at like 900 i think..i liked them b/c they are building a lot of amenties like a restaurant, spa, market, and coffee shop right there in the building my apt will be....the webiste is trilogyapts.com if you wanna check them out and get prices on all the floorplans!! if anyone goes there or calls for info ask for the leasing agent lauren and tell them april gave you her name! she is great and really helps you out and gives you an honest opinion.

AmberT

The Mrs.
10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
The Wyncote House
Status
Hi akwong,

I don't know anyone that lives in Trilogy, so I've never been inside, but they look pretty nice from the outside and aren't far from the school.