LoveRene710

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2005
Status
Hey everyone! I just interviewed at PCO last Friday and I was wondering when most of you that applied there heard back about acceptance. I really want to know as soon as possible because truly PCO is where I want to be even though I have an interview with Indiana coming up too. My OAT scores weren't great (310 overall) and I have a 3.2 GPA. I have great experience volunteering for an optometrist who not only went to PCO but taught there for several years and served on the admissions committee. I also shadowed a PCO alumni who was alumnus of the year recently. So my recommendations look pretty good. To PCO students or those accepted...what do you think my chances are and when should I hear back from them??

kgrabar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2004
Chicago
Status
LoveRene710 said:
Hey everyone! I just interviewed at PCO last Friday and I was wondering when most of you that applied there heard back about acceptance. ...what do you think my chances are and when should I hear back from them??
It took PCO 2.5 weeks from the date of the interview to hear back. They sent me an email acceptance which is nice in order to find out sooner. Your GPA is fine and they care mostly that OAT scores are above 300 which yours are. Especially with great recs, I think you have a good shot! Best of luck!

Dominic

PCO C/O 2009!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Heading to Philly!
Status
kgrabar said:
It took PCO 2.5 weeks from the date of the interview to hear back. They sent me an email acceptance which is nice in order to find out sooner. Your GPA is fine and they care mostly that OAT scores are above 300 which yours are. Especially with great recs, I think you have a good shot! Best of luck!
It sounds like you'll do fine, especially if you feel the interview went well and you liked the school. Don't worry about it, but be sure to email them when you get concerned so they know how much you'd like to get in. Todd Eicker, my advisor in admissions, called me personally to congratulate me 2 weeks after I interviewed.

Katalio

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2004
Vancouver, BC
www.xanga.com
Status
I got an E-Mail from Todd 8 days after I interviewed. Although he did spell my name wrong which led me thought the Email was a fake! hehe..
I'm still waiting for the acceptance letter.

I'm positive you can get in, I had a 2.8 GPA but still got in! =)

fluteangel01

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2004
New Jersey
Status
yeah, i think it depends, because i had my interview with PCO before Christmas and i just got accepted today...3 and a half months later...but they should be rushing along now that its close to deadline

kgrabar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2004
Chicago
Status
ppa93 said:
I have a question guys. I just called PCO and asked them about my application status. They told me that I have been invited for an interview, and a mail has been sent. I am just wondering how u guys went there? where u stayed? or what are the necessary steps u need to take?
Thanks
I stayed downtown at the Hyatt along the Delaware river, it was great! Try Priceline for discounted rates...($45-60). I got to see Philly for the first time the day before, and took the train to Elkins Park in the morning (20 min ride) for the interview. I then had to take a bus up the street to the campus, but you may be able to walk it. If you are not feeling very adventurous, you may prefer to stay closer to PCO at the hotels PCO recommends, but if you have never seen Philly and want to, you shouldn't stay in Elkins...its in a quiet suburb with nothing much to do or see. My two days was full of public transit and it was tiring, but I'm glad I did it.

OP
L

LoveRene710

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2005
Status
Hey everyone!

I finally heard from Todd today. I got in!!! I'm really excited to be in the PCO class of 2009. I was getting a little worried because it took about a month for them to get back. But I guess I will be seeing all you PCO first years within the next few months.

Talk to you soon,
LoveRene710 :)