pco interview

Started by adw
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

adw

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview with PCO this Wednesday and I would like to know what the interview and day will be like. I have already been accepted to SUNY which is currently my first choice but I am going to see what PCO's like on Wednesday.
 
I interviewed at PCO and SUNY last fall. PCO's faculty interview is much more laid-back than SUNY's -- instead of an open-file panel interview, you have a closed-file one-on-one. The guy I interviewed with just wanted to get to know me and why I wanted to go into optometry. He had a clipboard of objectives (or questions, I don't exactly) that he never made it through because we got carried away with talking about other things. It was very relaxed and comfortable.

Next, we went on a tour of the Eye Institute (you take a bus there) and the school itself, given by two students. Following that we ate lunch at the school's cafeteria with the same students (the voucher they give you has a $-limit, so watch what you order!).

After lunch, we had a financial aid discussion, and finally a one-on-one with an admissions counselor to follow-up on our application files and go over what we thought of our visit.

Good luck! 🙂