• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

pco interview

adw

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2002
Brooklyn Heights
    I have an interview with PCO this Wednesday and I would like to know what the interview and day will be like. I have already been accepted to SUNY which is currently my first choice but I am going to see what PCO's like on Wednesday.

r_salis

SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
    Moderator Emeritus
    10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Feb 7, 2002
    In a dark room
    1. Optometrist
      I interviewed at PCO and SUNY last fall. PCO's faculty interview is much more laid-back than SUNY's -- instead of an open-file panel interview, you have a closed-file one-on-one. The guy I interviewed with just wanted to get to know me and why I wanted to go into optometry. He had a clipboard of objectives (or questions, I don't exactly) that he never made it through because we got carried away with talking about other things. It was very relaxed and comfortable.

Next, we went on a tour of the Eye Institute (you take a bus there) and the school itself, given by two students. Following that we ate lunch at the school's cafeteria with the same students (the voucher they give you has a $-limit, so watch what you order!).

After lunch, we had a financial aid discussion, and finally a one-on-one with an admissions counselor to follow-up on our application files and go over what we thought of our visit.

Good luck! :)

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.