pco interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adw

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview with PCO this Wednesday and I would like to know what the interview and day will be like. I have already been accepted to SUNY which is currently my first choice but I am going to see what PCO's like on Wednesday.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at PCO and SUNY last fall. PCO's faculty interview is much more laid-back than SUNY's -- instead of an open-file panel interview, you have a closed-file one-on-one. The guy I interviewed with just wanted to get to know me and why I wanted to go into optometry. He had a clipboard of objectives (or questions, I don't exactly) that he never made it through because we got carried away with talking about other things. It was very relaxed and comfortable.

Next, we went on a tour of the Eye Institute (you take a bus there) and the school itself, given by two students. Following that we ate lunch at the school's cafeteria with the same students (the voucher they give you has a $-limit, so watch what you order!).

After lunch, we had a financial aid discussion, and finally a one-on-one with an admissions counselor to follow-up on our application files and go over what we thought of our visit.

Good luck! :)