You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pco Poor Customer Service
Started by JAZZEYE
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
1. PCO is not a business, it's a school.
2. No, fin aid wasn't promised in june. That's the normal procedure, but not every goes as plan.
3. No, no school supports with acquiring housing before school starts. Most just give you a listing of possible housing and roommate match. They even tell you to be prepare to come up with the money for moving expenses and 1st months rent.
4. If you ever called them, most of the time you can speak with a person. From reading this forum and facebook pco group. You can even call in and they will tell you your fin aid info.
2. No, fin aid wasn't promised in june. That's the normal procedure, but not every goes as plan.
3. No, no school supports with acquiring housing before school starts. Most just give you a listing of possible housing and roommate match. They even tell you to be prepare to come up with the money for moving expenses and 1st months rent.
4. If you ever called them, most of the time you can speak with a person. From reading this forum and facebook pco group. You can even call in and they will tell you your fin aid info.
It is officially 1 month to Fall semester begins for incoming new students !
a. package from financial aide office ( that we were promised by June 1st )
b. hardly any contact at all
c. no support securing housing we were pretty much on our own
d. there must be dozens of ??? from students relocating from Canada and there is a lot of them
e PCO is definitely getting off on the wrong foot as far as I'm concerned
IT IS A BUSINESS ,THEY HAVE SOME REASON THAT BENEFITS THEIR BUSINESS INTEREST FOR KEEPING US UNINFORMED !
BUT IT IS VERY DISCOURTEOUS AND YOU SHOULD EXPRESS YOUR DISPLEASURE FOR THIS POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE .
YOU ARE AFTER ALL GOING TO GIVE THEM ABOUT $160K OF BUSINESS IN THE NEXT 4 YEARS
"THEY OWE US AN EXPLANATION"
Oh come on, quit being so anal. You are a student not a customer. Do you need someone to hold your hand crossing the street? Its not much of a stretch for a graduate/professional school to assume that you can find your own place to live. Do you think that you won't be able to start school in August because things aren't being mailed out yet? RELAX😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sadly, School = Business more and more these days. 🙁
This statement is very true. For those that think that colleges are not businesses, you are naive.
As far as PCO goes, I am also frustrated with their inability to get things processed in a timely matter. They mentioned about sending orientation information out last week. Did that happen? No. My family wants to know the schedule so they can plan ahead and set aside time for the family events. This is not an unreasonable situation, and I don't know why it would take so long to not get this information out. I think the bottom line with the financial and orientation stuff is that they simply don't have enough staff members. It is a growing institution, but they need to realize that an expansion in staff is also necessary. It takes multiple people to get work done; that goes with anything. We'll just have to wait and hope that someday they mail what they're supposed to. Other than that, there's not much we can do. And I agree with spearmint, if you make an effort to contact them, someone will usually get back to you. Only once was my phone call not returned.
1. PCO is not a business, it's a school.
I'm pretty sure they're a business.
They just started two new programs (audiology and physician assistant).
There was a rumor that they will be renaming the school?
Oh come on, quit being so anal. You are a student not a customer. Do you need someone to hold your hand crossing the street? Its not much of a stretch for a graduate/professional school to assume that you can find your own place to live. Do you think that you won't be able to start school in August because things aren't being mailed out yet? RELAX😀
I'm going to take up for the entering student... you need to chill. Remember what it was like the summer before your 1st year? This student is a customer who pays for his education. You can't possibly tell me you wouldn't have been concerned if your finaid package hadn't been released yet, one month prior to school. You can't possibly tell me it isn't too much to ask for the package so you can find a place to live WITHIN your awarded budget.
Be a little empathetic. Oy.
I juss e-mail the school... they usually reply pretty quickly with info or links where it can be obtained.
I'm going to take up for the entering student... you need to chill. Remember what it was like the summer before your 1st year? This student is a customer who pays for his education. You can't possibly tell me you wouldn't have been concerned if your finaid package hadn't been released yet, one month prior to school. You can't possibly tell me it isn't too much to ask for the package so you can find a place to live WITHIN your awarded budget.
Be a little empathetic. Oy.
Just for the record, this is my first year and I am in the same boat (aside from being from Canada) as the poster that I told to relax. I will attend PCO in the fall and haven't received anything. I spoke to one admission's guys today about a totally unrelated subject and was SO worried about the finaid stuff that it didn't even come to mind as I was speaking to him.
Empathy for a worry-wort? Not likely. I woulnd't even stoop so low as to dole out sympathy, what good does that do? Should I hold the person's hand when they pee too because the noise of the piss hitting the toilet water is too loud and oh-so-scary? And what exactly am I chilling from? What's the word I am looking for...self-sufficiency? Independence? What I wrote was very matter-of-fact and to the point...just stating some very obvious points.
And no the student is not a customer so please don't try to fill anyone's head with that stuff. That would insinuate that the customer deserves fair treatment in the eyes of any "business", right😉 LOL...and I won't be able to go back three years from now and get a refund if I don't like my purchase🙂
I'm pretty sure they're a business.
They just started two new programs (audiology and physician assistant).
There was a rumor that they will be renaming the school?
It will be considered a University in the near future.