Dominic

PCO C/O 2009!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Heading to Philly!
Status
Hi guys,
I was accepted back in October to the PCO (woo!) and I'm excited to be moving to Philly. I looked around at apartments a bunch during the 2 days I was up there, but I didn't find a whole lot that was $450-700/mo. I've since made quite a large list of places to live that (from the internet) appear okay. I will be checking them out in person next week beginning March 7 (Im driving up there from Tallahassee, FL).

If any of you are looking for a good roommate, or know where to find a good list of people that need roommates (maybe the school has a list?). Let me know! PM me or email me [email protected] :cool:

Thanks! Oh, and if any of you are looking for a roommate - Im a great cook. :thumbup:

christie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2001
Visit site
Status
Dominic,
I sent you a PM, but just to let you know in a few months you will be given an ID to access Blackboard, on there you will be able to find potential PCO roomates.

Phillygirl98

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2002
Just outside Philly, PA
Visit site
Status
Hey Dominic!

Glad to see you're going to PCO! :D I am too...I can't wait to go back to school. I took the past year off after graduating undergrad and I've been working in a commercial optical setting as an optician and I'm so anxious to go back to school already!! I wonder when we start...or when that info comes out..I just got done with the financial aid things and am finishing the FAFSA online tomorrow after work..damn March 4th deadline...anyway yeah I can't wait to start school already and meet everyone in the class of 09..and yes I know I sound like a big dork with this posting.. :laugh:

OP
D

Dominic

PCO C/O 2009!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Heading to Philly!
Status
haha! No you're not a dork. I'm just as excited too! I've never lived so far north so this will be a neat experience for me. I've had no school since Jan 05 and I've been working at a little optical in Tallahassee called Eye-I-Deals since Feb 05... it doesn't pay more than the bills however, but at least I'm getting great experience.

That's neat you already live in Philly... makes moving a bit easier :). I've gotta truck my stuff 1050 miles! I'm driving up this very weekend to checkout my future living situation and find something, so wish me luck.

I'll definitely be posting on here, and eventually hope to see you during the White Coat ceremony :). I believe school starts 8-22 or 8-29 but there is a white coat ceremony and orientation we must all attend a little before that in August.

KwijiboOO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Status
STOP IT GUYS. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it. ;) yeah I've been doing nothing but working at lenscrafters since Dec 04 and some reason I need to get back into school so I can really enjoy these snow days all the kids are having. Can't wait to meet all you guys. Can't wait to start studying... :smuggrin:

Katalio

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2004
Vancouver, BC
www.xanga.com
Status
The Phone at PCO is down! -___-

GracieNY

10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
NY
Status
Soooo it's official...I've chosen PCO. I'm just a little worried about the living situation...is it really that ghetto? I'm sure it's fine but I'd still like to see for myself because all this hearsay is making me nervous!

PCO Class of 2009 WOOHOOOOO! :p

JapAnime

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2004
Status
I want to say Congrats to everyone who's going to PCO. Yayyyyyyy :laugh: I can't wait to start classes in the fall and meet everyone. I know, I know....I sound geeky. Hey Phillygirl 98, what do you say....we should all start a PCO Geek Club. "All geeks and geekettes welcomed" :D .......Awww what the heck "All dorks and dorkettes welcomed" too.

Well, I'll see everybody in August!!!!

KwijiboOO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Status
GracieNY said:
Soooo it's official...I've chosen PCO. I'm just a little worried about the living situation...is it really that ghetto? I'm sure it's fine but I'd still like to see for myself because all this hearsay is making me nervous!

PCO Class of 2009 WOOHOOOOO! :p
Hey Gracie, it's not so bad...Broad Street getting up to Elkins might be a little shady but the school is pretty much surrounded by suburban area. They've got a nice little koreatown a couple blocks away. It's a calm area. Congrats on choosing PCO and see you guys in a couple months.

Phillygirl98

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2002
Just outside Philly, PA
Visit site
Status
Hey!
Dominic, good luck with the drive up here..we just got 6 inches of snow 2 days ago so everything looks pretty out..haha. Bring a winter coat though!

Yeah I don't know about living next year..I'm thinking of just commuting...I live about a 10 minute drive from PCO actually and it would save a lot of $$...I've never commuted to school in college before..so I'm not really looking forward so I'll see...like if it was a 30 minute drive def but I'm having a hard time justifying getting an apartment next to PCO..

Oh and it's definitely not all ghetto around there..it's actually really really nice if you look for apartments in the opposite direction...like Elkins Park, Jenkintown, Abington..the only problem with that is the money because it is more pricey in the 'burbs compared to Philly.

Alrighty well I can't wait to meet you guys! :D

OP
D

Dominic

PCO C/O 2009!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Heading to Philly!
Status
Im really excited to meet everyone too! Im glad all of you are enthusiastic too - I had hoped it would be like that.

The snow - yes indeed... Lets just say I'll be in a FWD manual Mazda Protege wagon instead of my Camaro on my way up... so I should be ok for this trip.
I think we should all make a post before the white coat ceremony so we can meet up before school sometime mid august and go out for chats and drinks :) :cool:

Katalio

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2004
Vancouver, BC
www.xanga.com
Status
Hmm. Questions.. hehe..
When does school start for PCO!?
and what is White Coat Ceremony anyways?

ODtobe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2004
Philly soon
Status
Some places are sketchy, but plenty aren't at all. Definitely look at the place before you agree to anything (some people arrange it over the phone and that's not a good idea). Be careful if it sounds too good to be true (most of us I think pay around $450-$600/month), and look into the surrounding areas if you don't want to live in the Colonade- plenty of us don't. Message me if you have questions. Good luck :)

OP
D

Dominic

PCO C/O 2009!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Heading to Philly!
Status
Katalio said:
Hmm. Questions.. hehe..
When does school start for PCO!?
and what is White Coat Ceremony anyways?
The white coat ceremony is part of the orientation before school begins :)

KwijiboOO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Status
When does school begin? When are you guys planning to move your stuff?