PCO vs NECO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello guys!

I just wanted some advice on which school to choose, PCO vs. NECO? any input would be great! thanksss. :) pleaseeeeeeeeeee

mary

Members don't see this ad.

Both are great schools but from my experiences I found that:

NECO:
- education: good research school, but considerably lower board rates
- housing: expensive, one of the most expensive cities in the states
- convenience: you can take the train anywhere

PCO:
- education: one of the top clinic schools b/c of 1 1/2 year in clinics, but that makes the first 2 1/2 years very course intensive compared to NECO and other schools, good board pass rates
- housing: somewhat cheaper, but places are much more shabby and run down
- convenience: you will need a car to get to-and-from the clinic

I think that is a great synopsis.

Members don't see this ad :)
Both are great schools but from my experiences I found that:

NECO:
- education: good research school, but considerably lower board rates
- housing: expensive, one of the most expensive cities in the states
- convenience: you can take the train anywhere

PCO:
- education: one of the top clinic schools b/c of 1 1/2 year in clinics, but that makes the first 2 1/2 years very course intensive compared to NECO and other schools, good board pass rates
- housing: somewhat cheaper, but places are much more shabby and run down
- convenience: you will need a car to get to-and-from the clinic

For more detail regarding NECO http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=391032

PCO had an open house yesterday (not for optometry but I went anyway) and it was REALLY nice. I really enjoyed being there, everyone was really nice and helpful and the facilities are amazing. So now it's definitely up there with my first choice - but I think the price is really what's going to hold me back if I end up having to choose between 2 schools. Anyways, we'll see... I don't have any info on NECO since I'm not interested, but PCO is a great place! If you haven't looked at it already, go check it out!