PCO white coat ceremony

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plano1984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering when do you get your white coat at PCO? I know some school is after your first semester or spring semester of you second year of optometry school. But I have also heard that you get it the very beginning when you first start. Can someone help me out, thanks really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

You get your white coat at a ceremony which happens to be the first activity of orientation. It does not have anything that differentiates it from other white coats which is unfortunate, and it the one pretty much everyone wears at clinic.

hey, just wanted to bump up this thread since i didn't want to create the exact same one!

In regards to PCO's white coat ceremony for class of 2015, does anyone know the exact date? I know classes are to start on August 22nd according to the academic calender?

i understand it is part of orientation? does anyone know when that is exactly? thank you :)

I"m just asking because my sister is planning her wedding overseas and is trying to accomdate my schedule.

any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
It is usually the first day of the orientation week, call the school to double check.

thanks for the reply, i think it was for August 15th, but I will definitely double check. :)