PCOM Accelerated. [Possible Problems?]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

audilover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
abra kadabra

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Assuming I just make the requirements, since I am in an accelerated program do you think there is a chance they will deny me during the interview. Only reason I ask is because I am in the program.

Of course there's a chance you will be rejected. That's why they said you're guaranteed and interview, not a position at the school. You should have studied harder if you wanted peace of mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course there's a chance you will be rejected. That's why they said you're guaranteed and interview, not a position at the school. You should have studied harder if you wanted peace of mind.

That's a little harsh. Lighten up just a little bit my friend

To the op. Your only a sophomore. You have one year left to bring those grades up. You would be amazed what one year can do too your gpa. Nail the mcat as best as possible. Kill your courses and then that won't give them a reason to reject you.

Is there a chance you'll get rejected? Ofcourse. But your should try your butt off and and develop the best application you can. There's still hope and time. You just need to buckle down, cut out all extracurriculers and just focus on school. No more bs. Just time to kick ass.

Good luck

thanks for the honest support. Hopefully by getting all A next semester I can get a 3.35 science GPA and around a 3.5 overall.

Do you think I will be viewed a little bit higher by the interviewer because I am in their affiliated program?

Regardless of whether or not this is true--don't bank on it. When you use that as a fallback you'll screw yourself over by not doing as well.

Regardless of whether or not this is true--don't bank on it. When you use that as a fallback you'll screw yourself over by not doing as well.
im gonna agree with this. they will care less whether your in their program or not. they will take the best applicant they can get. however. if they have too similar applicants that both have done well academically. then i think they might favor you. however, the academics have to be there.

Thanks guys for the advice, Of course I am going to try my best. The reason for my low grades was because the first semaster something happened in my family causing me to get a C, and then this semester I had surgery getting me another two C's since I wasn't willing to drop the courses.

Anyways I called PCOM directly and asked them about my program. Turns out my advisor was misinformed. PCOM holds a seat for me which is the benefit of the program. If i meet my requirements and they simply like supplementals I have that seat.

You went two years without knowing you had a guaranteed spot? Wow, you could've saved yourself a lot of worry..

You went two years without knowing you had a guaranteed spot? Wow, you could've saved yourself a lot of worry..

it sounds odd that little detail wasn't shared early on. Maybe they do it to keep students motivated? Pretty cruel if you ask me.