PCOM and CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Megalofyia

425 lbs and growing
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the typical wait time after having a completed file at these two schools before hearing if you have an interview or not?

Members don't see this ad.

who knows about PCOM? I don't. I sent my stuff there - I got my file complete back in August but I haven't heard anything since except - you'll hear something between now and March.

Now with CCOM, they for sure tell you within 2 weeks of an invite, reject, or waitlist for interview.

J^P

Originally posted by NDESTRUKT
who knows about PCOM? I don't. I sent my stuff there - I got my file complete back in August but I haven't heard anything since except - you'll hear something between now and March.

Now with CCOM, they for sure tell you within 2 weeks of an invite, reject, or waitlist for interview.

J^P

It's been 6 weeks and counting and I have heard nothing from CCOM. I guess I should call them.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah you should seriously call

I don't know anything about CCOM, but I sent my secondary to PCOM in August and I don't think I ever received confirmation. However, I got an invite about 2 weeks ago (end of september-ish).

I was finished at CCOM late August and got an interview invite last monday. It took a long time to hear from them.

I guess sometimes it's random or whatever...I finished my file at CCOM on 9/3 and recieved and interview invite a week later and interviewed 10/8...so...who knows? lol

Well I know that my file is complete at CCOM here is what my online status check says....

"""Application Complete = All application materials have been received and you are now eligible to be considered for the next stage of the application process. From this point forward, you will be contacted by mail when your status does change.""""

I guess I will have to wait for snail mail to arrive. I am house hunting in Blacksburg, so if it doesn't come soon they are out of luck.:cool:

The bigger schools which get more applications (PCOM around 3500) will take longer to process and respond. For such a large school we have a fairly small (but really amazing) admissions office. I think its good...more likely your name will be remembered if you have a good interview.

But realize that interviews are not necessarily dished out on a first come, first served basis.

My application was complete in September and I didnt hear until December. Other schools (DMU, LECOM, UNECOM) contacted me in October. NYCOM in November.

Be patient. Don't be a pest to the admissions offices of these schools. If your application is strong, hang in there and you will hear something.

Good luck.

JP, werent you worried that something had happened to your app? How did you get through all those months wondering when the invite would come? I'm going crazy right now and my application was similarily complete in September? I keep hearing horror stories about how people never hear back from PCOM. Did you call them, or what did you do?

Originally posted by indymed
JP, werent you worried that something had happened to your app? How did you get through all those months wondering when the invite would come? I'm going crazy right now and my application was similarily complete in September? I keep hearing horror stories about how people never hear back from PCOM. Did you call them, or what did you do?

To be honest with you, no I wasnt worried.

I was confident in my application and I made sure to keep myself focused on other things...still doing well in classes, extracurriculars, preparing for other interviews (which I never went to)...plus I had a neurotic girlfriend a the time who demanded a great deal of attention...the BEST distraction.

Calling after a few weeks is OK, but to continually call to have a 'week by week' report on your application is NOT a good idea.

Calling to say 'hey, did you guys get the stuff?'...good idea. More calls...bad idea.

Bump

anyone else?
Is there much movement from NYCOM now?

i actually heard from PCOM for an interview pretty fast...about a week or so. but at a previous interview, a lot of the interviewees hadn't heard from PCOM, so i don't know...

nothing from NYCOM though...

I heard from PCOM within 1 week after my file was complete. But this was before interviewing started. PCOM receives the most applications so if your app is not completed at least a month before interviews start you will wait. They have very few people going through the apps. Two maybe. The director and asst. director of admissions. That and they interview twice a week I believe with two interview teams. Cannot comment on CCOM.

raptor5
PCOM Class Of 2008

Raptor, I sent you a PM