verizonsucks25

10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I was wondering how competitive i would be for PCom. I have a 3.83 overall gpa with 3.98 science gpa with 11 ps 8 verbal and 10 bio and p on the writing section for the mcats. Any comment would be appreciated .

OP
V

verizonsucks25

10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Taus said:
well u know ur numbers are above the averages....no one can really tell u anything beyond that...
I also did emt and shadowed a primary care physician and was president of my club. I also had to work lots of hours along with lots of classes during my undergraduate years.

dr.z

15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
Detroit, MI
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
verizonsucks25 said:
I was wondering how competitive i would be for PCom. I have a 3.83 overall gpa with 3.98 science gpa with 11 ps 8 verbal and 10 bio and p on the writing section for the mcats. Any comment would be appreciated .
I think you're good to go.

stinkywinky

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Portland,Or
Status
Pre-Medical
verizonsucks25 said:
You have very good overall scores/gpa. I think you have a better chance than most for do school :)

Doc2007

10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2005
Status
Medical Student
You are good to go for the Caribbean medical schools. Upps, I am sorry for the sarcasm. Your scores do look competitative. :)

DO Sigma Nu guy

Wannabe Poker Player
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2005
Hospital call rooms
www.myspace.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
verizonsucks25 said:
Fairly decent chance. :cool:

Hardbody

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
Status
DRKUBA said:
Have you considered a post-bacc?
The OP might actually take you seriously, you should throw some hints of sarcasm in next time.

Tanner82

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2006
NY
Status
Medical Student
"apply early and broadly and you may have a chance"

amathew

10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
i REALLY hate when people with such great stats ask "will i get in" questions!!! as if those of us who are really worried about that don't feel bad enough already, you gotta rub in your great GPA and MCAT score, dont ya?

CuttinEmUp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
Status
i REALLY hate when people with such great stats ask "will i get in" questions!!! as if those of us who are really worried about that don't feel bad enough already, you gotta rub in your great GPA and MCAT score, dont ya?
Honestly, I have a 3.99 GPA and a 40T MCAT and I am totally worried if I will get in to AUC's program .. what do you guys think???

Nickelpennykid

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Since this topic seems to be about over with, I have a new question...Has anyone heard from the admissions office as to when PCOM will send out their first round of interview invites for people who have completed thier secondaries??? I have heard that interviews start late Sept / early October.

brookliner7

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
as long as you have already submitted your primaries, you should have a fair chance at getting a secondary application I would think.

DrHoffy

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
Detroit!
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has heard of interviewing at both PCOM's?
Thanks!
Marciah

Nickelpennykid

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has heard of interviewing at both PCOM's?
Thanks!
Marciah
They are two different medical schools...no different than interviewing at NYCOM and WVSOM