nicknack11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2001
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Anyone entering MSI receive any financial aid notification yet?:laugh: :confused: :rolleyes:

I just got the bill from the Bursar's Office, but have yet to hear from Financial Aid as to how much in loans they're offering, so I can decide how much of that I want.

David511

Ponch's Illegitimate Son
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2000
Houston
Visit site
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
unless you've recently declared bankruptcy and/or are the CFO of Enron/WorldCom, you'll get the standard $38.5K Stafford Loan. I suggest you start work on a budget and thus determine whether you'll need to supplement this amount with additional sources of income (i.e. alternative loans, grants, scholarships, pimping, illicit drug sales, etc).

I wouldn't wait around to hear anything from F/A...if you're gonna need additional cash start applying for it now. ALTHO, you should check with the F/A office to make sure your profile is complete (and that everything's in order for you to recieve the Stafford loan monies).

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2000
www.pcom.edu
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Where there is a PCOM question, David will be there....lol...thanks for jumping in.

My question would be how much will the total costs be?

Tuition + fees = ?

I think that the $38,500 will be enough for me considering I am living pretty cheap.

Anyone from Class of 2005 have an idea of what their total costs were for their first year?

Thanks.

nicknack11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2001
Visit site
Status (Visible)
The question I have is not about needing additional money beyond the Staffford $38500, but the procedure for taking less.

Suppose my initial request for $38,500 is approved, but now I have decided I only need $30,000. I had thought that once I get the financial aid letter from PCOM, I cross out $38,500 and write down $30,000, and then mail it back. Is that the way it's done?
Is there a time limit to rejecting a portion of the loans, since we are all still waiting for the financial aid letters?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads