PCOM--Class of 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicknack11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone entering MSI receive any financial aid notification yet?:laugh: :confused: :rolleyes:

I just got the bill from the Bursar's Office, but have yet to hear from Financial Aid as to how much in loans they're offering, so I can decide how much of that I want.

Members don't see this ad.

unless you've recently declared bankruptcy and/or are the CFO of Enron/WorldCom, you'll get the standard $38.5K Stafford Loan. I suggest you start work on a budget and thus determine whether you'll need to supplement this amount with additional sources of income (i.e. alternative loans, grants, scholarships, pimping, illicit drug sales, etc).

I wouldn't wait around to hear anything from F/A...if you're gonna need additional cash start applying for it now. ALTHO, you should check with the F/A office to make sure your profile is complete (and that everything's in order for you to recieve the Stafford loan monies).

Where there is a PCOM question, David will be there....lol...thanks for jumping in.

My question would be how much will the total costs be?

Tuition + fees = ?

I think that the $38,500 will be enough for me considering I am living pretty cheap.

Anyone from Class of 2005 have an idea of what their total costs were for their first year?

Thanks.

The question I have is not about needing additional money beyond the Staffford $38500, but the procedure for taking less.

Suppose my initial request for $38,500 is approved, but now I have decided I only need $30,000. I had thought that once I get the financial aid letter from PCOM, I cross out $38,500 and write down $30,000, and then mail it back. Is that the way it's done?
Is there a time limit to rejecting a portion of the loans, since we are all still waiting for the financial aid letters?