Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

PCOM essay-please help?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by peach255, Jan 8, 2001.

1. peach255

peach255 New Member

Can you someone please tell me what is the 2ndary essay quesion for PCOM? I still have not received my secondary applications yet, so I am a bit late. Therefore, I would like to get a head start on the essay question now.
    Thank you so so much!

2. Dagny

Dagny PGY-1
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi Peachy:

Here's PCOM's 2001 Supplementary Application essay question:

"On the reverse side of this application, write a statement indicating why you wish to become an osteopathic physician. Indicate specific reasons why you want to attend Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine."

They also require a letter of recommendation from the premedical committee or premedical advisor of the undergraduate college that granted or will grant your Bachelor's degree, regardless of your major or date of graduation. If you're not at your undergraduate college anymore, that may take more time to get than composing the essay.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. I graduated from college some time ago and am now a student at PCOM. My undergrad had neither a premed commitee and I have no idea who the advisor was, though I am sure there was one somewhere. However, I applied with 3 academic recommendation and 1 profesional recommendation and had NO problems. Though they profess you MUST meet certain requirements, this is not always the case, especiallly if you have been out of school a little while.

4. peach255

peach255 New Member

Dagne and Ramy,
    Thank you so much for your helpful responses! I really appreciate it! Good luck to you both! Pô