PCOM essay-please help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peach255

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you someone please tell me what is the 2ndary essay quesion for PCOM? I still have not received my secondary applications yet, so I am a bit late. Therefore, I would like to get a head start on the essay question now.
Thank you so so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Peachy:

Here's PCOM's 2001 Supplementary Application essay question:

"On the reverse side of this application, write a statement indicating why you wish to become an osteopathic physician. Indicate specific reasons why you want to attend Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine."

They also require a letter of recommendation from the premedical committee or premedical advisor of the undergraduate college that granted or will grant your Bachelor's degree, regardless of your major or date of graduation. If you're not at your undergraduate college anymore, that may take more time to get than composing the essay.

I graduated from college some time ago and am now a student at PCOM. My undergrad had neither a premed commitee and I have no idea who the advisor was, though I am sure there was one somewhere. However, I applied with 3 academic recommendation and 1 profesional recommendation and had NO problems. Though they profess you MUST meet certain requirements, this is not always the case, especiallly if you have been out of school a little while.

Dagne and Ramy,
Thank you so much for your helpful responses! I really appreciate it! Good luck to you both! Pô