PCOM-GA and PCOM-PA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lady Tokimi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Isn't it weird that you send both secondaries to the same place???

Members don't see this ad.

Lady Tokimi said:
Isn't it weird that you send both secondaries to the same place???

PCOM-GA does not have a separate admissions department yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to GAPCOM this fall so I am familiar with the process, and like Elmer said above, they do not have the capability for a separate admissions department yet. They are just now moving into our new campus, so I would give them another year or two to get all the departments finalized. And while you are sending all your forms to Philly, the interviews are still done in Georgia by Georgia physicians and faculty. I was interviewed by a DO and one of the new professors. Therefore, the decision to accept students is coming from the people in GA. Hope this helps...

bjsunny said:
Therefore, the decision to accept students is coming from the people in GA. Hope this helps...

No, I don't believe it is. During my round we were informed that the interviewers made recommendations and each applicant was sent to the adcom in Philadelphia, where the final decision was rendered.

JKDMed said:
No, I don't believe it is. During my round we were informed that the interviewers made recommendations and each applicant was sent to the adcom in Philadelphia, where the final decision was rendered.

We were told it was up to a vote. If the two interviewers and Dr Evans all agree, the acceptance was sent the next day. Otherwise, PCOM-PA makes the final decision.