PCOM-GA clinical rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MikeMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does PCOM-GA share clinical rotation sites with the philadelphia kids? Are the students received at the hospitals more as students from the prestigious PCOM or as "others" from the branch campus that has not yet graduated a class? What are rotations like? I know that the recently lost the Atlanta medical center.... Trying to decide on where to go next year! thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Does PCOM-GA share clinical rotation sites with the philadelphia kids? Are the students received at the hospitals more as students from the prestigious PCOM or as "others" from the branch campus that has not yet graduated a class? What are rotations like? I know that the recently lost the Atlanta medical center.... Trying to decide on where to go next year! thanks

No, we don't share rotation sites with Philadelphia - we have our own in Atlanta. And although I haven't done my rotations yet, I think I can tell you that thus far all of the clinical professors that teach at our school and have students from the school rotating with them have said that they have been very impressed with our students. I don't think our students are looked down upon for any reason.
As far as the rotation sites are concerned, the main rotation sites (core rotation sites) that we have are at Gwinnett Medical, Dekalb Medical, Floyd Medical, Columbus Regional, St. Francis, Houston Medical.....ummm Warner Robins, Albany, Rowan Regional (NC), Greenwood (SC), and our students are also able to apply for rotations in Ohio (Richmond Heights I believe). There's a Florida track in West Palm and an Alabama track in Montgomery I believe that students can choose to do as well. In those tracks you would stay in that location for the duration of your 3rd year rotations. And although we don't have rotations at Grady and the like, I think having rotations where you are the only student working with an attending has some huge benefits - like being first assist on surgeries rather than retracting or watching like you do at some of the big hospitals where there are residents learning along side of you as well. Just my opinion though. Good luck with your decision.