PCOM-Ga Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone,

I have an interview coming up at the end of this month.. I really want to go to GAPCOM but am concerned since the interview is so late in the process.. Can anyone tell me the best person to get in touch with at the school to see what kind of chances I will still have at this point? Thanks!

Hey I would contact the following people:

Ms. Trena Gologan: Admissions Coordinator
Mrs. Danielle Moore: Admissions Assistant

You can find their contact information on the PCOM website. Congrats on the interview and good luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

I just withdrew. So that opens up a spot for someone off the waitlist. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still waiting on the alternate list. Does anyone know how many people are on the list? I just wish we knew how close we would be to chosen off the list.

Yeah same here just waiting...I agree, I wish we knew a little bit more information...waiting will hopefully pay off

Still waiting as well and haven't heard anything about how the list works. I keep getting large white envelopes in my mail a few times a week but it just turns out to be financial stuff or junk mail. Maybe tomorrow...

Don't really know if this helps but my roommate was just accepted of the alternate list and then declined because he is already in at his first choice. So this should open up a slot for somebody. (he got the letter this morning and called to decline just a couple minutes ago)

Good luck to somebody!!

Don't really know if this helps but my roommate was just accepted of the alternate list and then declined because he is already in at his first choice. So this should open up a slot for somebody. (he got the letter this morning and called to decline just a couple minutes ago)

Good luck to somebody!!

I would think being this late in the cycle, the school would call instead of sending out a letter if you're being accepted. ?? Thanks for up the heads, I really do wish we hear some good news!

As everyday passes, I am getting more and more nervous and anxious :(

Haha Studiddy, I say that everyday "Maybe tomorrow.."

I was recently admitted to the school of pharmacy at PCOM-Ga. I was seeing if anyone is looking for a roommate. Email me if ur interested. Congrats to everyone that has been accepted and good luck to everyone waiting.
Rikki
[email protected]

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if PCOM accepts science faculty/professors LORs instead of a pre-medical advisor or pre-medical committee LOR?

I don't have the latter, but I do have science faculty, MD, and DO LORs. Hope someone can help me out!

thanks

For something like that I would call and ask the source directly. Some random jabroney on the internet could tell you yes, but that wouldn't necessarily mean the real answer is yes.

Anyone from the waitlist hear any news yet? Or anyone know of someone whose gotten in from the waitlist recently?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from the waitlist hear any news yet? Or anyone know of someone whose gotten in from the waitlist recently?

I haven't heard anything. I called Trena some time last week but the call wasn't returned. I also would like to know if anyone has gotten any feedback or news from her via email/phone call? Getting desperate..

Yeah I definitely feel your pain - just want to know to get some peace in mind. Been stressing about this since the day of my interview in mid-Jan, it would be nice to know so we can have a few days of summer vacation without any stress before starting 4 years of no life

I haven't heard anything. I called Trena some time last week but the call wasn't returned. I also would like to know if anyone has gotten any feedback or news from her via email/phone call? Getting desperate..

Trena was off for some days last week. I had tried to send her an email on july 5th and I received an out of office message. Perhaps she was off when you called too.

I also called Trena on Monday. She told me that the alternate list is still moving. They have about 0-2 spots open up per week. She also told me that if you get accepted off the alternate list then you will receive acceptance through email as well as mail. So if you haven't received anything in e-mail, no need to obsessively check your mail!

She also told me that if you get accepted off the alternate list then you will receive acceptance through email as well as mail. So if you haven't received anything in e-mail, no need to obsessively check your mail!
The other way to look at it would be that now you get to obsessively check both. I'm going to be on vacation for a couple weeks so the email thing is good news.
But suppose we find out only a week or two in advance that we get in, would that not make financing/ fafsa/ etc rather difficult to organize (forgetting for the time being the stuff about finding a place to live)?

The other way to look at it would be that now you get to obsessively check both. I'm going to be on vacation for a couple weeks so the email thing is good news.
But suppose we find out only a week or two in advance that we get in, would that not make financing/ fafsa/ etc rather difficult to organize (forgetting for the time being the stuff about finding a place to live)?

We had a classmate get in the Friday before orientation began. The school worked with him on all the other stuff, he managed to find a place on short notice. So it could happen but if you want it badly enough you'll figure it out.

They delay billing due dates, late fees, etc. until your financial aid is in. I got in about two weeks before orientation last year and it was manageable. I didn't have to move though.

I was told by Trena that she suggests people on waitlist fill out the fafsa for PCOM ahead of time as this would reduce the processing time if accepted off the waitlist very close to when school starts. Since it's not a requirement though, I am sure the school makes some sort of adjustment for us regarding financial aid deadlines.

I was accepted today!! I am really excited!! I received a phone call from Trena while on my way to move in to a new state for another school lol. I drove back and accepted my seat. I hope everyone here gets in as well :) Good Luck!!!!!!!

I was accepted today!! I am really excited!! I received a phone call from Trena while on my way to move in to a new state for another school lol. I drove back and accepted my seat. I hope everyone here gets in as well :) Good Luck!!!!!!!

Congrats and good choice for choosing us. We are better anyways!! See ya in 2 wks!

Congrats!! You had just posted and then got accepted. Funny how things work out huh? Now only if that happens to me too lol.

I just got in!!

Congrats!!! I'm excited for you since you ahve been waiting and questioning bout alternate list movement. Did you or anyone else who have just gotten off the alternate list have any advice for me? I interviewed beginning of March and sent my letter of intent a few weeks after. Since then, I have just been emailing Trena on an every other weekly basis about the alternate list movements. Does anyone know how big the alternate list is? I would just LOVE it if I could attend this school. I am accepted to St. George in the caribbean and fly out on Aug 8, but I would leave and fly back in a heartbeat if I got accepted to this.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I say just keep showing your interest in attending this school and show them really how much it means to you to go here

Congrats!!! I'm excited for you since you ahve been waiting and questioning bout alternate list movement. Did you or anyone else who have just gotten off the alternate list have any advice for me? I interviewed beginning of March and sent my letter of intent a few weeks after. Since then, I have just been emailing Trena on an every other weekly basis about the alternate list movements. Does anyone know how big the alternate list is? I would just LOVE it if I could attend this school. I am accepted to St. George in the caribbean and fly out on Aug 8, but I would leave and fly back in a heartbeat if I got accepted to this.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I just called Trena every week to show interest in the school. I think that helped a lot. I have no idea how big the list is though. I tried to ask her a couple of times about this, but she didn't reveal anything. If you know what got you waitlisted in the first place, it might help if you can improve on that. When I first got waitlisted, I asked her why I was waitlisted and how I could improve my application. Then started working on making my application stronger and keeping her updated on what I was doing. This advice may be a little too late for you. But in my opinion anything you can do will help.

I just called Trena every week to show interest in the school. I think that helped a lot. I have no idea how big the list is though. I tried to ask her a couple of times about this, but she didn't reveal anything. If you know what got you waitlisted in the first place, it might help if you can improve on that. When I first got waitlisted, I asked her why I was waitlisted and how I could improve my application. Then started working on making my application stronger and keeping her updated on what I was doing. This advice may be a little too late for you. But in my opinion anything you can do will help.

Thanks for the advice yall! Epicute you said you started working on making your application stronger, but this was the first time you got waitlisted for the school correct?

Thanks for the advice yall! Epicute you said you started working on making your application stronger, but this was the first time you got waitlisted for the school correct?

Yes this was my first time on waitlist. I interviewed around February and was first put on hold and then waitlisted. What I meant by making my application stronger was I called and found out why I was waitlisted. Trena looked over my application and told me that they were not happy with a grade in one of my classes. I had already gotten into another DO school, but PCOM was my top choice so when I found out the reason I immediately retook the class. I started the class in April and I actually just completed the class mid-July. Less than one week after they received my transcript, I received an acceptance. While I was taking the class I kept updating the school on my grades. Additionally, I sent them two letter of intents. I think combination of my interest in the school and the class grade helped me get off the waitlist.

By the way I know for sure (because Trena told me) the improved grade helped me move up on the list. I was in the middle of the alternate list and moved up on list due to doing well in the class. How much it made a difference though, I do not know.

Hope this helps! Like I said anything you can do to improve your application will help!

Last edited:
Yes this was my first time on waitlist. I interviewed around February and was first put on hold and then waitlisted. What I meant by making my application stronger was I called and found out why I was waitlisted. Trena looked over my application and told me that they were not happy with a grade in one of my classes. I had already gotten into another DO school, but PCOM was my top choice so when I found out the reason I immediately retook the class. I started the class in April and I actually just completed the class mid-July. Less than one week after they received my transcript, I received an acceptance. While I was taking the class I kept updating the school on my grades. Additionally, I sent them two letter of intents. I think combination of my interest in the school and the class grade helped me get off the waitlist.

That is great to hear. Thought I tried enough by just emailing her and sending one letter of intent. I wish I knew I could still do something about being on the alternate list. When I found out, she said there was really nothing I can really do but wait. Now, its really just waiting.