PCOM-GA vs ACOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Help me decide!

• Total voters

nontrad_13

Reaction score
Would be thankful for any input to help me decide between these two options!

Members don't see this ad.

I made this same decision this cycle and for me it came down to location.

ACOM is a strong program- with a great match list, great resources, and dedicated rotation sites. I really got the feel there that they were a family. It was my top choice throughout the Fall leading up to the deposit deadline.

During my PCOM-GA interview, I was really impressed by their dedication to developing GA physicians and the GA healthcare force.

I ultimately picked PCOM-GA because its close proximity to what I have already established (home, family, etc.).

Happy to chat more!

Reactions: 1 user
PCOM is the more reputable name and the GA campus has a pretty competitive match list. The optional lectures I've heard are nice too. I think ACOM has mandatory attendance. That's the real game-changer.

I used to live in Dothan several years ago, before ACOM was even built, and it's not the nicest city in the world. Very small, but it has a pretty close community I'd say.

Personally I'd choose PCOM GA for its more established name, decent match list, optional attendance, and of course great location near Atlanta. You'd probably have an easier time matching to the competitive PCOM Philadelphia residencies as a student at one of their campuses too.

I made this same decision this cycle and for me it came down to location.

ACOM is a strong program- with a great match list, great resources, and dedicated rotation sites. I really got the feel there that they were a family. It was my top choice throughout the Fall leading up to the deposit deadline.

During my PCOM-GA interview, I was really impressed by their dedication to developing GA physicians and the GA healthcare force.

I ultimately picked PCOM-GA because its close proximity to what I have already established (home, family, etc.).

Happy to chat more!
Thanks for your input! Location is also my biggest concern and I would much prefer to live in ATL, but ACOM did such a better job of going over their program in detail during the interview process. I feel like I don't know as much about PCOM-GA.

Did you have any concern about PCOM-GA's drop in board scores this past year?