PCOM-Georgia vs RVUCOM-Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PCOM-GA vs RVUCOM-CO

• Total voters

hawk132

Reaction score
Hey guys. Glad I finally get to do one of these. I'll be straight to the point. I got accepted into PCOM-Georgia campus as well as RVUCOM-Colorado. Would love to hear your opinions on which school you think is better? One thing I am already aware of is the grading system. I think RVUCOM wins here because it is Honors/Pass/Fail while PCOM is graded.

Some things I am looking for are:
- Which school as a smaller class size?
- Which school allows you to prepare for boards more?
- Which school has better 3rd year rotation sites?

Appreciate any advice! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Based on my biased opinion, on visiting RVUCOM it is a great campus with tons of equiptment etc. I know nothing ab the sizes/curriculum at both however it does seem to me that PCOM has had some exceptional match placements in recent years. things I would consider to help base your choices

• How do students tend to learn in these schools? (tutors, external resources, go to class/dont etc)
  • What is the current accrediation?
  • What do their match statistics look like in specialties your interested in? (ex: You want to do IM in an academic setting, do they have a high yield of students doing that?)
  • What does the location of the school look like? What actives are there for when you dont study?
Overall you will graduate a DO either way. Knowing how the school can help you make connections/make life fun etc is the biggest advantage.

As a PCOM Georgia student that has many, many issues with the administration, I would biasedly choose us over RVU. I think RVU main advantage is that it's the primary school not a branch campus and the location is nice. They are a for profit medical school if that affects anything. PCOM Georgia has many issues, that I could get into if you want to DM me but I still think it's the better school. Rotations are poor and are only getting worse, the new PCOMone curriculum, etc I could get into a lot but most DO schools have issues and PCOM does match decent.

Reactions: 1 user