PCOM Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jdg

Just received a PCOM invite for Jan. 5. Anyone have any comments or advice about the school and interview there? I am really excited because PCOM is one of my top choices and the clinical exposure there is rumored to be excellent. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, just got back from my interview at NSUCOM. If anyone has any questions, I'd be glad to help out.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by jdg (edited 12-13-1999).]

Members don't see this ad.

Are you a resident of PA? I applied--with above average stats--to PCOM and have been waiting for an interview for three or four months. Do they have a preference for people from back East? (I am a CA resident.)

No, I'm a NJ resident. My application was complete in late October, and I just received the invite on Saturday. I really didn't expect to hear from them until after the holidays, so I'm really excited. As far as preference to PA residents, I don't think they show a great deal of preference for state residents. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
jdg,

i am from NJ as well and applying to PCOM. i am waiting to hear from them but nothing since my application was complete in september. were your stats above the PCOM avg.? good luck in your interview...

greg: Off the top of my head, I don't remember what the average stats for PCOM were (can anyone help me out with this?). I am a non-trad. student with MCAT scores of 27 (9,9,9) and a high graduate GPA. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll hear from them soon. By the way, what were your stats, if you don't mind me asking? Have you heard from UMDNJ-SOM? I still have not heard a word from them.

Good Luck.

hey jdg - -

remember me, we just met at NSUCOM during our interview? CONGRATS on PCOM!! look forward to hearing about it in a future post. Good luck with UMDNJ, hope you hear soon!

hey mmg--

I certainly remember you. Have you heard from any other schools? Remember that the committee meets today at NSUCOM and we should know soon. I heard about PCOM the day after our interviews at NSUCOM. It would be pretty cool if we both ended up in the same class somewhere. Good luck and I hope you hear from PCOM soon.

As I mentioned earlier, I received this interview invite for Jan. 5. Does anyone think that this is late in the cycle for PCOM or am I in OK shape with the timing. I really would like to attend PCOM, and hope that I'm not interviewing too late in the game for a spot in the class.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I just got a PCOM invite for Jan 10. Anyone else out there have them same date? I was pretty suprised because my app was just complete as of last week.

jdg - you are to be commended. PCOM shows a pretty strong instate bias according to US News. These stats also suggest that as an out of state interviewer you have about a 75% chance of acceptance:

Applicants: 5,005 total, 718 in state, 4,287 out of state, 2,027 women, 1,810 minorities, 0 international
Interviewed: 10% total, 43% in state, 4% out of state, 9% women, 6% minorities
Acceptance rate: 6.4% total, 28% in state, 3% out of state, 7% women, 4% minorities

Let me know how it goes.

JB

Hi. I am a First Year at PCOM so here is a little scoop for all those PCOM applicants. You should not be concerned over the fact that you guys and gals are interviewing in January or even February (I was interviewed in March). First of all, there hasn't been that many interviews and secondly, PCOM accepts over their class size of 250 (in hopes that many decide not to come to PCOM). If you need any info, give me an e-mail. Good luck.