PCOM lost my Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TANSTAAFL

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has this happened to anyone else? I sent in secondaries for PCOM-Philly and Georgia both and apparently they never arrived. I spoke to the admissions dept. and frankly they don't expect them to arrive. Had it only been one I could have seen that maybe the post office had eff'd up but when it's two, well, that's on PCOM. Luckily I'm taking an acceptance at LECOM, but c'mon people.

Members don't see this ad.

Has this happened to anyone else? I sent in secondaries for PCOM-Philly and Georgia both and apparently they never arrived. I spoke to the admissions dept. and frankly they don't expect them to arrive. Had it only been one I could have seen that maybe the post office had eff'd up but when it's two, well, that's on PCOM. Luckily I'm taking an acceptance at LECOM, but c'mon people.

Yeah, that sucks. I would cancel my checks b/c I wouldn't want them to find them on someone's desk and then cash them. Most likely they were miss-placed, but if they were your #1 I'm sure it's upsetting to think they never even looked at you do to either post office or shady organization skills. At least you have an acceptance, though! :)

I applied there and could not even get an answer from them as to whether or not they received my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow. just wow. I cancelled my checks and I'll call it a day.

I know how you feel OP. I sent in my primary & secondary app, transcripts, mcat scores... back in July and called the admissions office in august and October to check my status which they said was complete. I thought everything was fine but yesterday I got an email stating that my file is missing a LOR and is currently incomplete...WTF PCOM? Oh well I hope they used my 2nd fee to buy something nice.

Had a similar situation with LORs. They had them, didn't think they did, they checked, and they did. It kept me from being complete for like an extra month.

Had a similar situation with LORs. They had them, didn't think they did, they checked, and they did. It kept me from being complete for like an extra month.

Did you end up getting an interview at either? If you don't mind answering that is.

Last year they "never recieved" my MCAT scores, despite the fact that the other 17 schools I applied to seemed to get them with no problem.

I wonder if this is all just because they get a ton of apps??

If you check all the years past of SDN you will find that this has always been a problem that PCOM has. And, it is probably related to the fact that they have more applications than anybody.... but it's still inexcusable, IMHO. It's probably one of the few negatives you will hear about PCOM, though.

This is one of the reasons I feel great about going to LECOM. The process was ultra-smooth from Primary through Acceptance.

They lost mine when I applied several years ago. I chalked it up to fate telling me I shouldn't go there. PCOM-Ga found my applications after Christmas that same year (I think it was March even) and invited me for an interview. I declined.

I know a top dog like PCOM doesn't need any defense, but for the record, there have been no problems with my application and I have thus far been invited for an interview.

I have not been invited for an interview, but I was only recently complete. I forgot to send a check with my secondary (FML!) but I called and they seemed to have all of my materials, aside from the check. The people I've talked to in the admissions department have been super helpful and seem to be fairly organized, but your mileage may vary.

Although it is completely inexcusable for ANY school, let's be honest people. We have spent so many hours creating successful and strong applications and spending an obscene amount of money on this entire process, and it doesn't occur to some people to check up on their applications? (I'm not directing this towards anyone! I promise!) I just mean that with a process as grueling as med school applications, we need to do everything possible to allow ourselves to succeed. A school that loses our apps, or does not get our MCAT scores, or "never received" :confused: LORs, is not entirely at fault. I'm sure it really won't make a huge difference to some schools if they lose a small percentage of applications, but if it matters to us, we should take the time to make sure they have EVERYTHING. Don't let them make the mistake!

Another idea is to send all of your materials Certified Mail - Return Receipt. It costs a little more, but you have the proof that they received your materials. Whats another $5-$10 for postage when you have already spent thousands getting to that point? Just some food for thought. Good luck to everyone on apps!

this is why they say to keep copies of everything you send in...

That's fine. However, the mailroom in this case is in the basement with Admissions on the first floor. There's a lot of room for something to get displaced from that one floor move.

That's true... It will not prevent the loss of your materials. However it will provide you with the proof that you did send the materials in the first place. May give you a little bit of room with admissions in showing that you did not procrastinate on sending your materials, and thus hopefully not penalizing you in the application process while you resend the copies (that hopefully you made) of your original application...