francais7979

french7979
10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Has anyone gone through the PCOM panel interview? Is it more nerve racking than a one on one interview or do all med schools have a panel interview?

TexasTriathlete

HTFU
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2007
The ATL
www.myspace.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
At GA-PCOM, I was interviewed by two people at the same time, and one guy did most of the talking. It was super-easy.

I can't imagine they do it differently at regular PCOM, but I guess they might.

The only interview experience that I would describe as a "panel" was EVMS, and that sucked. It didn't have anything to do with the number of people. It had to do with the fact that they had **** for brains.

About the Ads

EEL08

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2006
AZ
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I didn't interview at PCOM but at DCOM it was a 2-on-1 interview and at AZCOM it was 3-on-1. So clearly I can't compare to just having one interviewer but it honestly wasn't bad at all. Both interviews I thought were pretty laid back.

box29

Keep on keepin' on Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
CCOM also has 3 on 1 and Touro Mare Island is 4 interviewers to 4 or 5 candidates (this was a while ago though when I interviewed).

scrubs4me

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
PCOM Phila had a 3 on 1 arrangement when I interviewed a couple months ago. It was really laid back and casual. But don't take that as meaning you can blow it off. Engage the interviewers and be an active participant in whatever is being discussed. Be yourself and remember that first impressions are lasting.

DredPiratRobrts

Access Denied.
10+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2007
The Pirate Ship Revenge
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
At GA-PCOM, I was interviewed by two people at the same time, and one guy did most of the talking. It was super-easy.

I can't imagine they do it differently at regular PCOM, but I guess they might.

The only interview experience that I would describe as a "panel" was EVMS, and that sucked. It didn't have anything to do with the number of people. It had to do with the fact that they had **** for brains.

PCOM does interviews in a 2 on 1 or a 3 on 1 setting. You will typically interview with a DO and an admissions administrator. They are low pressure, unless you're completely awkward or paranoid. Some people have said they were grilled but I suspect these people were just unprepared. The PCOM interview is a chance for them to get to know you, nothing else. Mine was a nice series of conversations about my life, work and desire to be a DO.

aaw2107

10+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I had a 4 on 1 interview at DMU. It was fine. They did a lot of the talking.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.