Pcom Panel Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

francais7979

french7979
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gone through the PCOM panel interview? Is it more nerve racking than a one on one interview or do all med schools have a panel interview?

Members don't see this ad.

At GA-PCOM, I was interviewed by two people at the same time, and one guy did most of the talking. It was super-easy.

I can't imagine they do it differently at regular PCOM, but I guess they might.

The only interview experience that I would describe as a "panel" was EVMS, and that sucked. It didn't have anything to do with the number of people. It had to do with the fact that they had **** for brains.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't interview at PCOM but at DCOM it was a 2-on-1 interview and at AZCOM it was 3-on-1. So clearly I can't compare to just having one interviewer but it honestly wasn't bad at all. Both interviews I thought were pretty laid back.

CCOM also has 3 on 1 and Touro Mare Island is 4 interviewers to 4 or 5 candidates (this was a while ago though when I interviewed).

PCOM Phila had a 3 on 1 arrangement when I interviewed a couple months ago. It was really laid back and casual. But don't take that as meaning you can blow it off. Engage the interviewers and be an active participant in whatever is being discussed. Be yourself and remember that first impressions are lasting.

At GA-PCOM, I was interviewed by two people at the same time, and one guy did most of the talking. It was super-easy.

I can't imagine they do it differently at regular PCOM, but I guess they might.

The only interview experience that I would describe as a "panel" was EVMS, and that sucked. It didn't have anything to do with the number of people. It had to do with the fact that they had **** for brains.

PCOM does interviews in a 2 on 1 or a 3 on 1 setting. You will typically interview with a DO and an admissions administrator. They are low pressure, unless you're completely awkward or paranoid. Some people have said they were grilled but I suspect these people were just unprepared. The PCOM interview is a chance for them to get to know you, nothing else. Mine was a nice series of conversations about my life, work and desire to be a DO.

I had a 4 on 1 interview at DMU. It was fine. They did a lot of the talking.