You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PCOM (Philadelphia) Discussion Thread 2009-2010
Started by slamindesi
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What did you guys get on your MCATS (for those who have been accepted this year)?
29-32, depending on which time...........
Interviewing on Wednesday 1/13, anyone else?
That's when I had my interview last year. 🙂
Good luck and I'll see you in the fish tank.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know asides from the premedical council letter of rec, how many additional letters we can/should send.
Thanks
Does anyone know asides from the premedical council letter of rec, how many additional letters we can/should send.
Thanks
Got an email interview invitation (Wednesday) for 2/22. Have to wait until tomorrow to confirm the spot since a.) the email address they said to reply to didn't work and b.) the person in charge of scheduling interviews (Deborah Benvenger?) isn't in until tomorrow...
Have visited the campus before and liked it... excited for the interview! 2/22 seems like *forever* from now though, argh!
Have visited the campus before and liked it... excited for the interview! 2/22 seems like *forever* from now though, argh!
got this email today linking me to a page where i can check my status. i was provided with a log-in and a pin... anyone else get this?
for those who were interviewed- did you get a complete email and then an interview invite or did you get this status page too ?
i got my complete email on 11/16
for those who were interviewed- did you get a complete email and then an interview invite or did you get this status page too ?
i got my complete email on 11/16
got this email today linking me to a page where i can check my status. i was provided with a log-in and a pin... anyone else get this?
for those who were interviewed- did you get a complete email and then an interview invite or did you get this status page too ?
i got my complete email on 11/16
I recevied this email today as well. PCOM was my #1 for awhile but crept out of sight when I got acceptances elsewhere. However, I'd be ecstatic to get an interview here since my bf lives in Philly and it is cheaper than CCOM (my current destination in mind). Hopefully this is a good sign??
I got the same email today with an id and pin, and i got a complete email about month ago.
M
meghalo05
Does anyone know where we can get more information on faculty and the school? Can't find too much information regarding faculty and the history of the school on their website. I interview next wednesday! Hope to hear back guys!
got this email today linking me to a page where i can check my status. i was provided with a log-in and a pin... anyone else get this?
for those who were interviewed- did you get a complete email and then an interview invite or did you get this status page too ?
i got my complete email on 11/16
Got the email today as well...accepted student with the deposit put down (deposit info showed up on there).
Good luck everyone!

got this email today linking me to a page where i can check my status. i was provided with a log-in and a pin... anyone else get this?
for those who were interviewed- did you get a complete email and then an interview invite or did you get this status page too ?
i got my complete email on 11/16
Yeah I got the email link today as well...plus a complete email on 12/16....just waiting now...from the sound of it quite a few of us are waiting to hear back about interviews...Good Luck to ALL!🙂
sent in my deposit today 🙂
.....i am currently holding 2 spots but at the moment i'm leaning towards pcom...i might have to make one of those x vs. y threads later on
....also i received that status e-mail as well....i don't think it actually means anything, and i actually think mine only had pcom-ga info (which i have already withdrawn from but never received confirmation on)....whatevs just wanted to let you all wondering about that status page/e-mail know
.....i am currently holding 2 spots but at the moment i'm leaning towards pcom...i might have to make one of those x vs. y threads later on
....also i received that status e-mail as well....i don't think it actually means anything, and i actually think mine only had pcom-ga info (which i have already withdrawn from but never received confirmation on)....whatevs just wanted to let you all wondering about that status page/e-mail know
C'mon, call me X, you know you wanna go here........ 😉 Much more fun area than Stratford....which I can say, as a South Jersey native...... lol
Oh, and I think everyone got that e-mail with the pin number, etc. I rec'd it and it has my deposit $ rec'd and everything.
Oh, and I think everyone got that e-mail with the pin number, etc. I rec'd it and it has my deposit $ rec'd and everything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
C'mon, call me X, you know you wanna go here........ 😉 Much more fun area than Stratford....which I can say, as a South Jersey native...... lol
Oh, and I think everyone got that e-mail with the pin number, etc. I rec'd it and it has my deposit $ rec'd and everything.
this is true....philly>>>>south jersey
....at the current moment i'm thinking that pcom is totally worth the extra money, but who knows what i'll think tomorrow or a month from now for that matter lol
Isn't the cost difference about 20,000 dollars a year? Go to SOM.
Isn't the cost difference about 20,000 dollars a year? Go to SOM.
well when you say it like that....
....i am going to wait and see what my financial aid packages look like, but if it is a $20k difference a year you're right i can't choose pcom....if it is $15k or so i will think about it, but that is still pretty out of control....i have a lot of research to do but for now i am buying myself some time (literally)
Finally, I have my file complete. Do we receive a complete email from PCOM? I had to call PCOM to make sure my file was complete. I hope I can score an interview. 

Isn't the cost difference about 20,000 dollars a year? Go to SOM.
Is it that much difference? I had no idea.....thought it was more like 9,000-10,000 difference in tuition. PCOM was the cheaper of the options I was deciding between and actaully tuition seems pretty reasonable......cheaper than my undergrad.
Is it that much difference? I had no idea.....thought it was more like 9,000-10,000 difference in tuition. PCOM was the cheaper of the options I was deciding between and actaully tuition seems pretty reasonable......cheaper than my undergrad.
Cheaper than your undergrad! 😕
May I ask where you went to? Because it must have been mucho dinero?
Cheaper than your undergrad! 😕
May I ask where you went to? Because it must have been mucho dinero?
i think bc's tuition was similar, high 30s by the time i graduated if i recall....from the data that they used to give us (basically comparing some of the other jesuit schools/private schools in the area) it seems that a ton of private schools had tuition around or over $40k/yr
Cheaper than your undergrad! 😕
May I ask where you went to? Because it must have been mucho dinero?
Johns Hopkins. Yes, very expensive..........thank goodness for grants and scholarships, right?
Johns Hopkins. Yes, very expensive..........thank goodness for grants and scholarships, right?
Although, now that I have gone and checked, out of curiosity, the prices are quite similar. It depends on which extra "fees" you include in your quote and what you might include for room and board for the year.
Also looked at tuition for Hopkins med, just for kicks, and they are quoting tuition of $31,000, which is also a chunk cheaper than their undergraduate tuition. This surprises me. Oh well. The other DO school I got into, before I heard from PCOM was charging close to $50G tuition for OOS. That's just crazy.
To me, PCOM's tuition still seems reasonable, and about what I would expect, for a professional degree.
I thought UMDNJSOM tuition was ~$27G a year? Is this not accurate? I have not gone to look it up, or anything....... I withdrew from there after I heard from PCOM.
Call.Has anyone else had their emails ignored by admissions? I have several new LOR's from alumni at the hospital I work at, and I just want to let the good people at PCOM know that they're on the way...
Has anyone else had their emails ignored by admissions? I have several new LOR's from alumni at the hospital I work at, and I just want to let the good people at PCOM know that they're on the way...
Yeah call them. I did to make sure and they looked it up....plus if they sent you the link to access and follow your app online...it will list all the letters received into the system. Mine do
Finally, I have my file complete. Do we receive a complete email from PCOM? I had to call PCOM to make sure my file was complete. I hope I can score an interview.![]()
I never got an email or letter to confirm that my app was complete. I just got an email for the interview. I would check the spam folder just in case, it might be hiding there.
Good luck.
called today to have my osteopathic physician letter added to my file since it was sent one month ago... hoping for an interview invite 



i remember seeing a post earlier about someone who had put down a deposit seeing it on their status page.....does anyone know how long it takes before it is posted to that page/for an e-mail to be sent out confirming pcom received it? my deposit arrived at pcom last thursday morning (or so the usps delivery status page says) and i am a little concerned since my deposit is due this thursday....i sent an e-mail and will call later today but any input would me much appreciated.....thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
call me x ... I sent my deposit in last Saturday and I think on Thursday it was available online and my check was cashed. I was going to call them on last Friday too to make sure but didnt have to..but it took about 4-5 buisness days for them to do it. Call if you are worried about it being there but I'm sure things will be fine!
call me x ... I sent my deposit in last Saturday and I think on Thursday it was available online and my check was cashed. I was going to call them on last Friday too to make sure but didnt have to..but it took about 4-5 buisness days for them to do it. Call if you are worried about it being there but I'm sure things will be fine!
thanks soccerdoc! i figure if i don't hear from them today i'll call first thing tomorrow
penndo: i am not sure if you had the same deadline as me to submit your deposit (jan 21st) but i received an e-mail from ms. benvenger saying we would receive a confirmation when the deposit arrived, so you might want to call just to confirm it made it to the admissions office....or you can see if they ever cashed the check online
thanks soccerdoc! i figure if i don't hear from them today i'll call first thing tomorrow
penndo: i am not sure if you had the same deadline as me to submit your deposit (jan 21st) but i received an e-mail from ms. benvenger saying we would receive a confirmation when the deposit arrived, so you might want to call just to confirm it made it to the admissions office....or you can see if they ever cashed the check online
my deadline was jan 11th so maybe that is why.
I never got an email or letter to confirm that my app was complete. I just got an email for the interview. I would check the spam folder just in case, it might be hiding there.
Good luck.
Thanks rc4ch! But, how long after your file has been completed do they give out an interview invite? Thanks!
my deadline was jan 11th so maybe that is why.
My deadline was Jan 11 as well, and I received the e-mail on the 11th as well. So you may want to give them a call and make sure they received it, that's what I did the Friday before.
Hi all
how long does it take after your application is complete to hear back form PCOM about an interview? thnx
It depends on your stats and state residence. I'm from Philly, c3.54, s3.57, MCAT 28N. I received an invite five (5) weeks after receiving a complete email. Hope that helps. 🙂
it has been 4 weeks since i got the complete email... still waiting!
it has been 4 weeks since i got the complete email... still waiting!
Hey Arcticsilver......I am from VA too and I waited a little over a month between my complete e-mail (10/6) and my interview invite (11/12). I know it's hard to be patient......but it really hasn't been too long.
Hang in there.
Hey Arcticsilver......I am from VA too and I waited a little over a month between my complete e-mail (10/6) and my interview invite (11/12). I know it's hard to be patient......but it really hasn't been too long.
Hang in there.
ok so hopefully hearing something next week
when was your interview? im trying to figure out this whole timeline. thanks!I was complete months ago and PCOM was silent until yesterday when I was offered an interview. PCOM was one of my top schools, but I have already put down a deposit at MSUCOM (which was my #1 choice). I am tempted to go to the PCOM interview, but know I probably shouldn't. Do you guys think I would be interviewing for Waitlist anyway? (Be honest)
Thanks!
Thanks!
I was complete months ago and PCOM was silent until yesterday when I was offered an interview. PCOM was one of my top schools, but I have already put down a deposit at MSUCOM (which was my #1 choice). I am tempted to go to the PCOM interview, but know I probably shouldn't. Do you guys think I would be interviewing for Waitlist anyway? (Be honest)
Thanks!
When is the interview?
When is the interview?
MSU does have a high OOS tuition, but all of the OOSers I have spoken to said they get a lot of scholarships and grants that bring tuition down by a lot...not that tuition isn't a big deterrent. My interview is March 1...pretty late in the game.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ok so hopefully hearing something next weekwhen was your interview? im trying to figure out this whole timeline. thanks!
Interviewed on 12/16. Acceptance dated 12/23...........
Hard to say if they were more bogged down in the process in the fall or if they are more bogged down now.........never know. But good luck!
MSU does have a high OOS tuition, but all of the OOSers I have spoken to said they get a lot of scholarships and grants that bring tuition down by a lot...not that tuition isn't a big deterrent. My interview is March 1...pretty late in the game.
If you read all of the posts on SDN you will see that there are plenty of people who interviewed later than March 1 last year, who were accepted........ just saying.......
OMG, accepted!
congrats!
....now you have an even harder decision to make......pcom v. vcom v. umdnj.....good luck with that!
If you read all of the posts on SDN you will see that there are plenty of people who interviewed later than March 1 last year, who were accepted........ just saying.......
Ouch...next time I'll go back through years of posts before commenting. I had my secondary complete for PCOM 7/28, so yeah 6 months does seem pretty late. Thanks for the feedback though.
Accepted! I definitely want to take advantage of the dual degree program - good luck to everyone in the current interview process.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 437
- Views
- 132K
- Replies
- 652
- Views
- 174K
- Replies
- 130
- Views
- 35K
- Replies
- 181
- Views
- 27K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K