PCOM schedule's up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ErinG

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow pcomers--

I just checked Blackboard, and our M1-1 schedule's up--looks like we'll be pretty busy :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi ErinG,

Can you, or anyone thats already been accepted, please post the schedule here so that those of us still on the waitlist can get an idea of what we have ahead of us (assuming that D@MN WL moves!). Thanks in advance..:)

DOCTORSAIB

WOW!! It looks good. I wish we knew wich group we are in so we knew our schedule cold. I never expected that they would post it down to the day. It is too inclusive/long to post the entire thing on this site. Best of luck getting in for those on the wait list.

Members don't see this ad :)
HNS said:
WOW!! It looks good. I wish we knew wich group we are in so we knew our schedule cold. I never expected that they would post it down to the day. It is too inclusive/long to post the entire thing on this site. Best of luck getting in for those on the wait list.

Bert, my girlfriends class were organized alphabetically, not sure if it's change but it'll give you something to noodle.

I just noticed in my email that we are to dress "appropriately" for the first two days of orientation, and then buisness casual for the third day. What is appropariate? I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, I'd just like to get an idea of what people are thinking of wearing. Obviously, ripped jeans would not go over well, but what are you guys thinking of wearing?

I was planning on business casual the first day then asking either Hank or some of the 2nd years what to do for the White Coat ceremony on Tuesday. Wed and Fri are definitely business casual because of the BBall game and club day.

Another shining example of them providing all the pertinent information. I was going to wear a tie the first day and see if I need it as it can be removed. So it goes, at least I am away until the 7th!!

HNS said:
Another shining example of them providing all the pertinent information. I was going to wear a tie the first day and see if I need it as it can be removed. So it goes, at least I am away until the 7th!!

You are right, I talked to Hank and we should wear ties the first day since we are getting the class composite done. Can't look like a dirtball for that. So it looks like a ties for the first couple of days. Then casual or business casual for the rest of the week.

Hehe :)

Yeah, for the guys, wear a shirt and tie for the week of orientation (at least the first few days, not sure about friday). You will have your picture taken (for the class composite that you as well as your professors will receive) on the first day (right after you receive your new short white coat so it will be your first picture as a medical student in a coat). Might want to look nice too for the white coat ceremony since last year, several news stations came w/ camera and crew. Oh - bring a pen (to write things down or fill out forms). Just one will do.

On the official first day of class (aug 16), bring what you plan to wear in anatomy lab w/ you since you will be in the anatomy lab. As I recall, I didn't do anything that first day of lab (just take the body out of the bag and do a general wipe down). I think the first cut was on tuesday. You DO NOT need scrubs for anatomy lab. People will wear scrubs in anatomy lab. But you don't have to. If you prefer to wear an old t-shirt, go ahead. A nice old pair of shoes will be nice too - since you don't want juices that leak from the table to get on your shoes.

There will be many speakers during orientations that will welcome you and congratulate you. Let me join the chorus now by welcoming you, and wish you a wonderful, and fun (albeit stressful) year. Now if you ask a 2nd year student an anatomy question, don't be surprised if you receive a deer-in-the-headlights look :)

ultimateDO,
thanks for the timely response. See you next week.
styles c

We won't need to wear jackets at all, right? I was planning on khaki's, shirt and tie. I hope thats dressy enough. Man, I hope the weather cooperates and gives a few cool days.

Also, I was looking at the schedule: Am I to understand that we are put into groups? So are we in class with 250 other people or are we in class with smaller groups?

indymed said:
We won't need to wear jackets at all, right? I was planning on khaki's, shirt and tie. I hope thats dressy enough. Man, I hope the weather cooperates and gives a few cool days.

Also, I was looking at the schedule: Am I to understand that we are put into groups? So are we in class with 250 other people or are we in class with smaller groups?

We will be in lecture hall together for most of the time. We will break into groups to brainstorm ideas for our Vision Statement then all of the groupleaders will get together to assemble all of the ideas together for the next day's White Coat Ceremony. Dress pants, shirt and tie should be all we need for the composite picture on Monday and white coat ceremony on Tuesday. Wed. is the Phillies so I imagine that will be casual or business casual and Friday is club day. Hopefully all of this crappy weather will be gone by then.