SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

PCOM Secondary... Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by mikeaparker, Sep 23, 2001.

1. mikeaparker

mikeaparker Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Sep 3, 1999
    Does anyone know if the instructions on PCOM's secondary app. are literal with regards to "On the reverse side of this application, write a statement....."

Is it ok to type it, or have it printed on there via a Word Processing program???

I know some schools (when I previously applied to M.D. school's) specifically requested and required the essay to be in your own handwriting.....

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Chicago, Illinois
    i shoved the secondary into my deskjet printer. i think a few members on this board have done the same.
  4. sport

sport Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 29, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I had the same problem; asked the same question and got some interestingly helpful replies. See topic, "where to put it". I don't think it matters either way. I printed it on the back like they asked me.
    good luck :cool:
  5. rickmyster78

rickmyster78 Member 10+ Year Member

Aug 22, 2001
    Syracuse, NY
    I used a word processing program and printed the essay on the back. One word of advice, make copies of application to make practice print outs or just in case the printer damages the original.
  6. mikeaparker

mikeaparker Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Sep 3, 1999
    Thanks everyone for your help/advice..

7. Amra

Amra A Quiet Voice of Reason 10+ Year Member

Jun 20, 2001
    South Beach, Florida
    :eek: I actually did that rikmyster.. I FUBAR'd KCOM's that way :eek:

"Boy, how can we give an interview to someone that cannot even fill out the application correctly...." <Laf>

P.S. I should've used crayon.

P.P.S. Laugh at your mistakes.. makes life more fun :p
  8. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned Banned 10+ Year Member

Feb 4, 2000
    I have also heard that people just submitted an extra typed sheet. That's what I did.

When my secondary letter arrived, it was bent in half (thank you Philadelphia Post Office).

The letter would never have made it through a printer, and if it had, there would be a section in the middle that would have not have printed properly.

I think as long as the information is included, you are OK.