PCOM vs. CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I just gave PCOM a $500 deposit when I learn that I have a interview offer at CCOM. I'm really excited about PCOM and I can't imagine a better place to get a medical education. But I've heard some really good things about CCOM and I'm debating whether I should bother interviewing. What do you think are the positive and negatives of each school? Also, how far from downtown Chicago is CCOM?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I am a second year at CCOM. If you have any questions feel free to email me. I visited PCOM and know a few people who are there/went there.

I am a second year at PCOM and it is a great institution. I have very enjoyed my education very much so far and I am really beginning to love Philadelphia. I do not know anyone at CCOM, but from what people have said through the interview process and my friends that have friends, I think your perception that it is a great school is correct. I think both schools have alot to offer. sorry to make your decision harder! good luck!

JB,

I too am a MS2 at CCOM. It sounds like you are really excited about PCOM. AS far as I am concerned CCOM and PCOM are excellent schools with excellent opportuinties for rotations and graduate medical education. The only thing you would lose by going to the interview is the expense to get you there. If I were you, I would go to PCOM because it sounds like it is the school you want the most. CCOM is about 20 mi or so from downtown Chicago.