PCOM vs LECOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rahel828

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a PA resident... accepted at LECOM '08 and am waiting for my PCOM interiew. LECOM pros..three learning pathways, early clinical exposure cons...prosection vs disection (but I guess it depends on how you look at it..) con..the weather? But one will prob be studying for the most part. I've lived in Philly most of my life and wanted to change scenes. PCOM is nice.. in the heart of the city, jsut about.

Are rotations based on your Medical school or ur COMLEX results? For ex, when applying to an undergrad institution, they say apply to a competitive school to make urself more marketable for whatever lies beyond. Does it work the same way in terms of rotations and residencies?

Members don't see this ad.

Rotations at LECOM are based on a region specific/ rotation order specific system. This means you either assign preference to your rotation region(Erie, Pitt, etc) or what order you want to do your rotations in. Many people often get first choices of both. It has nothing to do with your COMLEX scores or your preclinical grades.
You have to do core rotations at an affiliated center, but you are free to go wherever for electives. LECOM has affiliated centers in PA, NY, IN, MI, OH, FL, GA, NJ, WV...I think I mentioned them all. Here is the link : http://www.lecom.edu/students/hospitals.htm

There's so much info to give, it might just be better that I PM you.

:D

Dr_sax