PCOM vs. PCOM-GA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHoffy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I may be in an interesting position here, as I am accepted at one and waitlisted at the other. So if given the choice between the Ga campus and the Philly campus, which would you choose and why?

I like Ga becuase of the small class size, lower cost of living, technology at the campus, but it is newer and not as well established.

I like Philly because, well it is PCOM, and their reputation will carry a lot of weight during the rest of the process.

So anyone else have thoughts on this?
Thanks!
Marcia

Members don't see this ad.

So, I may be in an interesting position here, as I am accepted at one and waitlisted at the other. So if given the choice between the Ga campus and the Philly campus, which would you choose and why?

I like Ga becuase of the small class size, lower cost of living, technology at the campus, but it is newer and not as well established.

I like Philly because, well it is PCOM, and their reputation will carry a lot of weight during the rest of the process.

So anyone else have thoughts on this?
Thanks!
Marcia

If you have the opportunity, I would stick to Philly. It's reputation is stellar, great rotation opportunities, been around longer, etc etc

This is not even a debate...PCOM - Philadelphia.

No offense to Georgia PCOMers, but PCOM is the original 100+ year-old school that is arguably the best osteopathic medical school out there...

Georgia is a branch campus of that great reputation... unless you have a need to stay in georgia for location purposes, you should want to go to PCOM in philly...

PCOM-Ga is a great school though... congrats on your acceptance :)