PCOM - which quarter best to enroll?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssa915

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to send my application out for the Winter quarter for PCOM's Masters in Biomedical Science (MBS) program, along with a couple other applications. I called up PCOM and they told me that they reccommend students apply for the fall, and not any other quarter since you can finish up the program before matriculating into a med school. Is this true? The reason i ask is b/c i am too late to apply for the fall and can only apply for the winter or spring sessions. I would think it wouldn't make a difference what session i apply to since med schools usually have already decided who to accept/reject before you finsih the MBS program anyway. I have sent my med school applications out as well for the 2006 class. I'm not sure if i'll get in, which is why im applying to the post-bacc programs.

Members don't see this ad.

ssa915 said:
I am going to send my application out for the Winter quarter for PCOM's Masters in Biomedical Science (MBS) program, along with a couple other applications. I called up PCOM and they told me that they reccommend students apply for the fall, and not any other quarter since you can finish up the program before matriculating into a med school. Is this true? The reason i ask is b/c i am too late to apply for the fall and can only apply for the winter or spring sessions. I would think it wouldn't make a difference what session i apply to since med schools usually have already decided who to accept/reject before you finsih the MBS program anyway. I have sent my med school applications out as well for the 2006 class. I'm not sure if i'll get in, which is why im applying to the post-bacc programs.

bump