PCOM - which quarter best to enroll?

Started by ssa915
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ssa915

Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to send my application out for the Winter quarter for PCOM's Masters in Biomedical Science (MBS) program, along with a couple other applications. I called up PCOM and they told me that they reccommend students apply for the fall, and not any other quarter since you can finish up the program before matriculating into a med school. Is this true? The reason i ask is b/c i am too late to apply for the fall and can only apply for the winter or spring sessions. I would think it wouldn't make a difference what session i apply to since med schools usually have already decided who to accept/reject before you finsih the MBS program anyway. I have sent my med school applications out as well for the 2006 class. I'm not sure if i'll get in, which is why im applying to the post-bacc programs.
 
ssa915 said:
I am going to send my application out for the Winter quarter for PCOM's Masters in Biomedical Science (MBS) program, along with a couple other applications. I called up PCOM and they told me that they reccommend students apply for the fall, and not any other quarter since you can finish up the program before matriculating into a med school. Is this true? The reason i ask is b/c i am too late to apply for the fall and can only apply for the winter or spring sessions. I would think it wouldn't make a difference what session i apply to since med schools usually have already decided who to accept/reject before you finsih the MBS program anyway. I have sent my med school applications out as well for the 2006 class. I'm not sure if i'll get in, which is why im applying to the post-bacc programs.

bump