pcomatlanta interivew

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mz.Doctor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an interview offering for pcom-ga on jan.3 and the email said there is lunch at 12 and interview at 1, is there no tour or nething given? do i have to get there any earlier than 12...someone help, the lady at admissions wasn't exactly helpful!
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm a student at GA-PCOM, and I feel fairly sure that you will get a tour of our facility because we not only have some students that are our "official" guides, but we have several staff members who often help in that area as well. I usually see the interviewees arriving earlier in the morning, so I can't really help you with the time, but if it says arrive at noon, then I'd assume that's when you need to get to the school. Try calling whatever number you were given again, and maybe you can talk to a different person this time, or did anyone offer an email that you could use for questions? I had numerous questions from the time I was invited to interview to literally the day before class started, and I always found both the Philly and Georgia staff more than helpful, so maybe you just talked to someone having a bad day. As far as your actual interview goes, it will most likely only last about 30 minutes and will be with two people (a DO and a PhD) together. Don't sweat it though...I think most of the students will tell you that our interview process is VERY simple and laid-back. Good luck!

When I interviewed, I had an early morning interview followed by a tour. I arrived about fifteen minutes early and actually had a student come up and start takling to me and welcome me to Atlanta (a nice thing to do, especially at 7:45 in the morn). Aisha was great and she took me to the cafeteria for a light breakfast. I was disappointed in the interview itself however. I drove close to 700 miles to get to Atlanta (don't ask me why I didn't fly) only to have one of the interviewers over a half hour late, and the other not even show up. Aisha stepped in after waiting for about an hour, and we had a nice brief interview. All in all, the school is gorgeous inside, the OMM lab is the best I've seen, and the people were all very nice. The lack of organization did tarnish my perspective on the school however. One thing you HAVE to do is go to the newly opened GA Aquarium downtown. It is the largest in the world and is utterly amazing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry if 1 hour is enough time for touring. It is enough. I also had the same timeline as you have when I interviewed there, and my interview was right after lunch. The tour didn't take long, it is all in one building. Then we have lunch with Aisha and Angela from student afairs, and I started to worry that if I am going to be late for my interview. But Aisha assured me that it would be OK because the DO was running a little late.

The interview for me was about 1 hr, with a PhD and a DO. They were very friendly and nice. The staff there were very nice as well. The facilities are brand new but there are still computer problems they needed to work out.

Good luck with your interview.

Mz.Doctor said:
I received an interview offering for pcom-ga on jan.3 and the email said there is lunch at 12 and interview at 1, is there no tour or nething given? do i have to get there any earlier than 12...someone help, the lady at admissions wasn't exactly helpful!
Thanks

Yup, there's a tour, should not take more than 25 minutes though. Just call Aisha to confirm your time to arrive.

Yeah, sometimes the interviewers are late because we, the current students, are pestering them in their offices. The DOs may be late because they are practicing physicians, so...

Oh yeah, don't call it PCOM-atlanta, call it "Georgia Campus-PCOM", say it with me: Georgia Campus Pee-See-Oh-Em"; they are kinda picky about that.

Not nearly as picky as NOVA, Sam! I think they might put you on the next flight back to where you came from if you say NOVA instead of Nova Southeastern University at your interview. Since I am already at "GA-PCOM" I can say NOVA, NOVA, NOVA! That felt good.

BMW-

samdwi said:
Yup, there's a tour, should not take more than 25 minutes though. Just call Aisha to confirm your time to arrive.

Yeah, sometimes the interviewers are late because we, the current students, are pestering them in their offices. The DOs may be late because they are practicing physicians, so...

Oh yeah, don't call it PCOM-atlanta, call it "Georgia Campus-PCOM", say it with me: Georgia Campus Pee-See-Oh-Em"; they are kinda picky about that.