richarDsOn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
35
0
Ashland, KY
Status
Hey Everyone...

If you know you're going to be at PCSOM this summer let's get to know each other! I see that there is no thread for Pikeville ...maybe you're just shy?

Anyhow, I'd like to know who has decided to move to the mountains (or stay there if you live close).

Take care and I'll talk to you soon!! :p
 

kendall

as usual
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
125
0
with the critters
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
richarDsOn said:
Hey Everyone...

If you know you're going to be at PCSOM this summer let's get to know each other! I see that there is no thread for Pikeville ...maybe you're just shy?

Anyhow, I'd like to know who has decided to move to the mountains (or stay there if you live close).

Take care and I'll talk to you soon!! :p
hey richardson. i'm going to PCSOM; yep, headin' for the hills. in fact, i'll be down there this coming friday checking out apartments. i haven't seen too many others on SDN that have committed to PCSOM, but they may be lurking about. anyway, i'm real psyched about starting school, and meeting eveyone. i'll get back to you, and let you know what i find out about the apartment scene. later.

k
 

Aaron Earles

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2003
677
3
42
Corinth, MS
www.facebook.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Congratulations to you all on your acceptance!

I look forward to meeting you all in the Fall and Summer. If you have any questions about the school, or the area, contact me at [email protected]

Have a wonderful day and once again, congratulations.

P.S. ENJOY your spring and summer.... travel, spend time with friends, read a good novel, and do something you have always wanted to do.

See you in the Summer.

Aaron Earles
 
OP
richarDsOn

richarDsOn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
35
0
Ashland, KY
Status
Thanks Kendall...do let me know what you find out about housing...I'm on the search by phone/email right now. Thanks to all the OSM I & IIs who have been helping me out...I really appreciate it!

Aaron, thanks for the advice...I'm sure I'll be doing some much-needed relaxing this summer before I start school. I'm thinking of taking a month off of work to move and get settled (a big stretch for me...and a leap of faith to see if I can afford to not work :) )

Carrie
 

Willie B

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2003
606
0
Middle of Nowhere
Visit site
Status
Hello Everybody,

Let me take the opportunity to send out this welcome to the class of 2009.

Carrie,

Definetly take the month off from working and enjoy having some free time (it will suddenly disappear very quickly once you get into school). Also, I'm not trying to rain on your parade but, you would be better off planning on not working while you are in school. I tried for the better half of the first block, and it just seemed like I was always running one place or another instead of where I should have been (studying).
 
OP
richarDsOn

richarDsOn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
35
0
Ashland, KY
Status
Believe me..I am not even going to attempt working during school. I just wasn't sure if I would stay in TN and work through July...or move at the end of June when my lease here is up. I guess we'll see...for now, it's happy house hunting (or apartment:) ).
 

Willie B

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2003
606
0
Middle of Nowhere
Visit site
Status
Carrie,

I would probably stay until July, just for the simple reason that there won't be very much for you to do until school starts (there isn't really very much to do in PikeVegas :D ). But, definetly start trying to find a place to live now. Pikeville can be a sparse place for housing once all of your other classmates get their places.
 

jester2051

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2005
9
0
37
Lexington, KY
Status
Hello All!

I have committed to PCSOM Class of '09! I'm also very excited about everything. I'm also looking forward to meeting and getting to know you all. Possibly we can all get to know a little bit about each other before school starts? I'm a 23 year old single, white, male and I'm currently finishing up my MPH in Epidemiology at UK. I've lived in KY all my life, grew up in Graves Co. - Far Western KY, south of Paducah. I'm also hoping to soon figure out my housing situation.

Jessie
 

kendall

as usual
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
125
0
with the critters
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
jester2051 said:
Hello All!

I have committed to PCSOM Class of '09! I'm also very excited about everything. I'm also looking forward to meeting and getting to know you all. Possibly we can all get to know a little bit about each other before school starts? I'm a 23 year old single, white, male and I'm currently finishing up my MPH in Epidemiology at UK. I've lived in KY all my life, grew up in Graves Co. - Far Western KY, south of Paducah. I'm also hoping to soon figure out my housing situation.

Jessie
hey jessie,

congrats!!! i can't wait to meet everyone in our class. i'm in lexington, too. i work in the immunomolecular pathology lab at Chandler Med Center. pm me if you want. i'm a bit older than you (29), but i would be surprised if our paths haven't crossed somewhere before. see ya!!

k

ps. i recommend getting to pikeville asap to look for housing. keep in mind that pikeville is a small town, and there are gonna be about 70 of us looking for apartments.
 
OP
richarDsOn

richarDsOn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
35
0
Ashland, KY
Status
Hey jester2051!

Congrats from me too! Little history on me...well, I'm 22, I went to college in Berea , KY(grad '04). Moved to Nashville to work in clinical research for a while at Vanderbilt in the Neurology department until I decided what to do with my life. But, I just can't seem to stay away from Kentucky, so I'm moving on back :) Look forward to meeting you in August!

Carrie
 

ark linson

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2005
7
0
36
Fayetteville, AR
Status
I'm a 21 year old male from Fayettevile, Arkansas. I'll be graduating this may with my bs in biology from the Uiversity of Akansas. Everyone have a great weekend. the weather is awesome here. i'm looking forward to moving to ky
 

inhope

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2004
56
0
Status
Yahoo! I interviewed at other schools, and was looking at PCSOM, but wrote it off, since I'm not from the state. Lo' and behold PCSOM swept me off my feet, great school, the people where the greatest so here I come Pikville!!!

Pikeville 2009 :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :laugh:
 

kendall

as usual
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
125
0
with the critters
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
congrats ark and inhope. i'm pcsom '09 too, and can't wait to get started. i look forward to meeting you both.
pikeville here we come!!!

k
 

jester2051

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2005
9
0
37
Lexington, KY
Status
kendall said:
and oh yeah....

GO BIG BLUE

k
Kendall, we've got to find out if Pikeville cable gets JP (Jefferson Pilot) broadcasts. It's not too late for me to change my mind about coming to PCSOM, just kidding. Wasn't that an awesome first half?
 

Aaron Earles

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2003
677
3
42
Corinth, MS
www.facebook.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Congratulations everyone, I am looking forward to working with you next year. Enjoy your much deserved summers and we will see you in the Fall.

ACE



jester2051 said:
Kendall, we've got to find out if Pikeville cable gets JP (Jefferson Pilot) broadcasts. It's not too late for me to change my mind about coming to PCSOM, just kidding. Wasn't that an awesome first half?
 

fuzzwinkle11

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2002
31
0
Kansas City
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
Hey Aaron,

I've officially scraped up the cash for my deposit so it looks like I'll see you all at PCSOM this August. I'm really worried about finding an apartment and going to do some serious work on this soon, but I'm finishing up my M.S. and application for Navy Scholarship so I'd really like any help anyone can give me. I checked out the unofficial website (excellent work BTW) but I'm still not sure how I'm going to get a place......can't really afford to start paying rent on it till July at the earliest :(

ok, well can't wait to meet ya'll!
Will Steelman - [email protected]
 

jester2051

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2005
9
0
37
Lexington, KY
Status
I plan on going up to Pikeville in the next month to look around. I'll keep you all posted on this thread on what I find.
 

jawicobike

Family Physician
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2004
189
12
Utah
Status
Attending Physician
jester2051 said:
Kendall, we've got to find out if Pikeville cable gets JP (Jefferson Pilot) broadcasts. It's not too late for me to change my mind about coming to PCSOM, just kidding. Wasn't that an awesome first half?
Unfortunately for those of us who believe Basketball actually exists outside of the SEC Pikeville does get JP broadcasts, so I guess you don't have to change your mind.
 

kendall

as usual
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
125
0
with the critters
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
fuzzwinkle11 said:
Hey Aaron,

I've officially scraped up the cash for my deposit so it looks like I'll see you all at PCSOM this August. I'm really worried about finding an apartment and going to do some serious work on this soon, but I'm finishing up my M.S. and application for Navy Scholarship so I'd really like any help anyone can give me. I checked out the unofficial website (excellent work BTW) but I'm still not sure how I'm going to get a place......can't really afford to start paying rent on it till July at the earliest :(

ok, well can't wait to meet ya'll!
Will Steelman - [email protected]
what up fuzz!?!?! congratulations. i look forward to meeting you. good luck apartment hunting. looks like we've got about 6 PCSOM '09ers on here, and i think there may be another guy from TN that just hasn't been on in a while. i'm totally psyched about getting started. see everyone this summer.

k
 

doc_holliday

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 26, 2004
20
0
42
Detroit, MI
Status
I just would like to say congratulations to all of you for making it through the gauntlet, what a feat to accomplish! :D

As your excitement and anxiousness builds, take time off this summer to enjoy whatever it is you enjoy. Go out and have fun and spend time with the fam, try to vacate from your current everyday life to do the things you have or have not done in the past. Believe me, time will fly!

Now that said, I hope I can assist you to the best of my ability, but for right now, I have to hit the floors of this hospital and make rounds... some spring break... :confused:

good luck to all, and see you in the fall!

george
oms-I
 

fuzzwinkle11

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2002
31
0
Kansas City
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
Not much of a dream vacation here either....finishing up my M.S. project should take me all the way till July:( I'm counting the days down though...

also finishing up my Navy scholarship stuff and gotta go get my physical sometime next week....I welcome any advice on all that too, but mostly I'm just worried about housing....
 

ark linson

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2005
7
0
36
Fayetteville, AR
Status
Is there anyone who would be interested in having a roommate first year? I'm a single (with a serious g/f) average non-smoking guy. i'm from arkansas so i probably will only make one round at looking for a place before i settle. Thanks, larry
 

kendall

as usual
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
125
0
with the critters
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
woohoo!!! we're on our second page.

sorry, ark. but i'm not much for roommates (i've had some bad experiences). good luck with your search though. i got my lease for the anthony today, so my housing situation is all but taken care of. whew!!! got my FAFSA in, and applied for a private loan through medfunds. progress... is... good. i can't wait to have everything settled. take care everyone.

k
 
OP
richarDsOn

richarDsOn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
35
0
Ashland, KY
Status
Hey Kendall...

I went to Pikeville last weekend...pretty sure I'm going to stay at the Anthony too. It's a little smaller than I expected, but at least I won't have to worry about my cat running outside everytime he gets a chance :oops: Anyway...I hadn't checked out the forums in a while, so I thought I'd say hello to everyone!

Take Care!
 

kendall

as usual
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
125
0
with the critters
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
richarDsOn said:
Hey Kendall...

I went to Pikeville last weekend...pretty sure I'm going to stay at the Anthony too. It's a little smaller than I expected, but at least I won't have to worry about my cat running outside everytime he gets a chance :oops: Anyway...I hadn't checked out the forums in a while, so I thought I'd say hello to everyone!

Take Care!
which is smaller than expected? your apartment or pikeville??? hahahaha!!! congrats on finding a place. i think the anthony will be great. certainly not like where i'm currently living, but about as good as we're gonna get in pville. i'm definitely gonna miss having a pool and gym etc... at my apartment, but walking to class will be nice. can't wait. see yall.

k
 

inhope

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2004
56
0
Status
Hay folks,
Yup, I'm interested in a room mate.

I'm just looking for a place to lay my head every other week. I'll probably need to be back home for 6 days a week, alternating weeks. So I am just really looking for a place of rest and study....

I'm a male non-smoker....
 

fuzzwinkle11

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2002
31
0
Kansas City
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
kendall said:
woohoo!!! we're on our second page.

sorry, ark. but i'm not much for roommates (i've had some bad experiences). good luck with your search though. i got my lease for the anthony today, so my housing situation is all but taken care of. whew!!! got my FAFSA in, and applied for a private loan through medfunds. progress... is... good. i can't wait to have everything settled. take care everyone.

k
Hey Kendall:
I'm still looking for a place and saw Anthony Apts. on my list....Is it a nice place? quiet? other med students? good management? bills? is there a "better" place thats hard to get into? I'd love to here anything you can tell me about Hensley apartments and their deal......

good luck to everyone else as you finish up this semester!
 

fuzzwinkle11

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2002
31
0
Kansas City
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
Oh, and while I'm thinking about it....is anyone else PCSOM '09 doing HPSP? I could use some advice or at least someone to rant to about getting my application done. If anyone knows of a Navy HPSP MS-1-->MS-4 I'd like to get in contact with them......could reach me here or at my email: [email protected]

I'll also try to make a trip down to Pikeville (i'm in Richmond, VA now) sometime in the next few weeks to look at apartments....so i'd love any advice I can get.

...and while i'm here I might also mention that I just got a packet from Angel Hamilton that said they needed my shots and stuff, but was asking for my final school transcripts by June something.....What can I do if I won't be done before mid-July? going to call Angel and find out more, but thought someone else might have been a summer graduate here too and have some experience with this.....

ok, keep posting!
 

kendall

as usual
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
125
0
with the critters
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
fuzzwinkle11 said:
Hey Kendall:
I'm still looking for a place and saw Anthony Apts. on my list....Is it a nice place? quiet? other med students? good management? bills? is there a "better" place thats hard to get into? I'd love to here anything you can tell me about Hensley apartments and their deal......

good luck to everyone else as you finish up this semester!
fuzz,

i think that the anthony is about as good as it gets in pikeville. the owner, marvin hensley, owns several other properties too. aaron earles, a second year student that frequents sdn, lives in one of his other places. i think most of the tenants in autumn are med students and there are about 8 or 9 in the anthony. at the anthony, you only pay for electric. you pay all utilities at autumn, but the rent is a bit cheaper. both are walking distance to campus. there is also a place next to the library called ridge cliff. a friend of mine that is a 4th year now lived there his first two years, and seemed to like it just fine. the rent there is comparable to the anthony or autumn. one other thing is that the anthony has off street gated parking, which i think is very important. if i were you i would go down and spend a couple hours running around with mr. hensley. he will show you all of his apartments, and give you a run down of rent, utilities, how many med students are in the building, and so on. that is what i did, and afterwards went to look at a couple other places. i made my decision the same day. anyway, good luck with your apartment hunt. let me know if i can be of anymore assistance. see yall.

k

btw, i think i will be moving in on July 25. probably take a couple days to move everything down there from lex.
 

kendall

as usual
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
125
0
with the critters
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
angel will definitely work with you on transcripts and deadlines and whatnot. i, too, am (was) considering HPSP (army), but have kind of gotten a bad sense about it recently, so have not completed my app. you might want to peruse the military medicine forum. homunculus seems to be a pretty good source of positive info. everyone else (exmilmd especially) seems to be pretty negative about the program. perhaps they are just being honest/realistic. best thing you could do is ask your health care recruiter to get you in touch with an active duty navy doc. your recruiter SHOULD NOT have a problem taking care of that for you.


k
 

jky36

New Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2004
4
0
Status
Hey,
Im going to be a 1st year with you guys in August and I just went down to check out places to stay yesterday. From what I gathered , rent is between 500 and 700 a month. Is this an accurate figure? Also are there any known seniors that are looking to transfer there lease in July? Thanks
 

kendall

as usual
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
125
0
with the critters
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
jky36 said:
Hey,
Im going to be a 1st year with you guys in August and I just went down to check out places to stay yesterday. From what I gathered , rent is between 500 and 700 a month. Is this an accurate figure? Also are there any known seniors that are looking to transfer there lease in July? Thanks

hey jky. i didn't see anything for more than $525/mo. i also don't know if anyone would let you transfer a lease, but definitely be on the lookout for students that will be moving for 3rd year or upon graduation. i think angel hamilton in the PCSOM office might be helpful in finding out who will be leaving town. maybe; maybe not. it's worth a shot. see ya in august.

k
 

Willie B

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2003
606
0
Middle of Nowhere
Visit site
Status
Fuzzwinkle,

As far as the Navy HPSP goes, you should contact Drs. Murphy and Callan. You will meet both of them your first year and both of them served in the Navy. (I think that they are both Cpts., but don't quote me on it).


Also, if anyone is looking to move down to Pikevegas early, My landlord has an opening in my building. You would have two of us for neighbors and it is within walking distance to school. If anyone is interested, just call Justice Supply at (606)432-3137 and ask to speak with Allan.
 
OP
richarDsOn

richarDsOn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
35
0
Ashland, KY
Status
Hey fuzz,

I went to Pikeville last month to see the Anthony, and Mr. Hensley was really great. I think he's a good guy to be in contact with no matter if you want an apartment, townhouse or whatnot...he does have a lot of properties (I think he said 95). Anyway, I believe that Angel said transcripts and health info must be recieved before July 31st...so you should have time, talk to your registrar ahead of time to make sure that your transcript can out ASAP when your classes are over. Also, if you haven't already, just send Angel an email and ask her to forward you emails about housing from upperclassmen. She sent me about 15 emails one day...surely you could find something that way. Good luck, see you in August!!

I think I'm officially going to move to Pikeville the last weekend in July...until then, work as usual. See everyone soon!
 

ark linson

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2005
7
0
36
Fayetteville, AR
Status
Hey, I was just writing to see how everyone's process was going with financial aid. I finished my FAFSA but I haven't heard anything back yet. is anyone else in the same boat? larry
 

jester2051

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2005
9
0
37
Lexington, KY
Status
ark linson said:
Hey, I was just writing to see how everyone's process was going with financial aid. I finished my FAFSA but I haven't heard anything back yet. is anyone else in the same boat? larry
I finished the FAFSA a while back and I am also still waiting to receive my financial aid packet. Has anyone received theirs from PCSOM?
 

jawicobike

Family Physician
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2004
189
12
Utah
Status
Attending Physician
jester2051 said:
I finished the FAFSA a while back and I am also still waiting to receive my financial aid packet. Has anyone received theirs from PCSOM?
Apparently Teresa is going to a new system that she says will be up and running May 1st. You shouldn't receive anything before then. I didn't receive anything until a week before school started last year. It was really frustrating for me (as I'm sure it is for you guys) but it all worked out and I got my loan money just fine.
 

kendall

as usual
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
125
0
with the critters
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
hey yall,

are we starting class on august 8th??? the catalog i got when i first applied said that orientation would be august 15-19, and classes would start on the 22nd. but the orientation schedule i got from angel the other day has orientation the week of august 1-5. it didn't mention what day classes would start. has anyone received an updated 2005-2006 calendar with this info???
thanks.

k
 

inhope

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2004
56
0
Status
I think patience is the name of the game here. I believe classes commence as indicated in the handbook. I've emailed angel, but it seems she is really busy.

I'm focusing on finding a home in Pikeville, and enjoying the last four months of freedom till Aug 1. The way I look at it, Aug 1 IS the first day regaurdless of the first day of formal classes. If you look at the orientation schedule it seems our first day of bio and gross are at the end of the week...Intro to Biochem, Intro to Gross....

For a more important issue, Hay does anyone know of any offical PCSOM swag, ya' know tee shirts or somthing to satisfy that little voice wanting to tell the whole world I MADE IT IN!!!???
 

dcratamt

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2004
261
0
Orlando
Visit site
Status
inhope said:
I think patience is the name of the game here. I believe classes commence as indicated in the handbook. I've emailed angel, but it seems she is really busy.

I'm focusing on finding a home in Pikeville, and enjoying the last four months of freedom till Aug 1. The way I look at it, Aug 1 IS the first day regaurdless of the first day of formal classes. If you look at the orientation schedule it seems our first day of bio and gross are at the end of the week...Intro to Biochem, Intro to Gross....

For a more important issue, Hay does anyone know of any offical PCSOM swag, ya' know tee shirts or somthing to satisfy that little voice wanting to tell the whole world I MADE IT IN!!!???
Orientation starts August 1st. :cool:
 

inhope

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2004
56
0
Status
dcratamt said:
Orientation starts August 1st. :cool:
Yup, personally, I'm just looking at this as day one. It'll just assit with easin' into Pikeville and the program..... :)
 

kendall

as usual
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
125
0
with the critters
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
spoke with angel this morning. orientation IS 8/1-8/5. classes OFFICIALLY start 8/8. this is apparently so that they can give us some more time off during the year. i've heard rumors of a day or two off after blocks. anyway, can't wait to get there. see yall.

k
 

inhope

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2004
56
0
Status
kendall said:
spoke with angel this morning. orientation IS 8/1-8/5. classes OFFICIALLY start 8/8. this is apparently so that they can give us some more time off during the year. i've heard rumors of a day or two off after blocks. anyway, can't wait to get there. see yall.

k
Yikes, no time to dawdle. We best enjoy the next few weeks of pre OMS-I! :laugh: It will be a pleasure to meet everyone in Aug!
 

jester2051

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2005
9
0
37
Lexington, KY
Status
I'm going to Pikeville tomorrow to hopefully find an apartment. I'll keep you all posted on what I find.

On another note: Anyone planning travels for the summer before we start? Myself, I'm hoping to spend a few weeks in Europe (hopefully those plans don't fall through!).

Jessie
 

Aaron Earles

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2003
677
3
42
Corinth, MS
www.facebook.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I think that you guys will enjoy orientation week. It is laid back, but offers some really good opportunities to ease your adjustment to medical school. The SGA and I are planning the events for orientation as we speak and will hopefully have some productive and insightful sessions for the class of 2009.

I hope that you all enjoy your summer and next few weeks before classes begin. I know that I am excited about getting a little time off this summer!

Will talk with you all soon

ACE
 

ark linson

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2005
7
0
36
Fayetteville, AR
Status
I'm going to wyoming as soon as I graduate to backpack and wlll go through south dakota to see mount rushmore. the rest of the summer will be spent wearing flip flops and hanging out on the edge of a boat probably with my girlfriend. i'm looking forward to orientation. does anyone have any insight on what gross anatomy family feud is? definitely interesting... larry
 

Aaron Earles

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2003
677
3
42
Corinth, MS
www.facebook.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
ark linson said:
I'm going to wyoming as soon as I graduate to backpack and wlll go through south dakota to see mount rushmore. the rest of the summer will be spent wearing flip flops and hanging out on the edge of a boat probably with my girlfriend. i'm looking forward to orientation. does anyone have any insight on what gross anatomy family feud is? definitely interesting... larry
OK.... that should read Gross Anatomy / Family Fued. One of the evenings after orientation... i cant remember what day it is on, but you have the option of watching the movie Gross Anatomy or playing family fued with some of your classmates. They both are pretty fun to attend.

You guys will be getting the "First Year Survival Guide" within the next month, which will detail some of the hints and suggestions of first year life in med school. I have to make several revisions to the guide, but will have it ready probably within a couple of weeks. I also will be emailing you guys some stuff, just FYI, of some of the issues you will be involved in during your first year. So, you can become familiar with what is happening in medicine. Anyway, enjoy your spring and summer to the fullest. Have a great day.

ACE