PCTE Score Calculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDWanabe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This should be a pretty easy to answer question but I cannot find the answer on google or searching these forums.

According to the PTCB website the scores are scaled 300-900 with a 650 passing...

But what does that mean to me when I take a practice test? For instance the last practice test I took I got 67 out of 100 correct. Does that mean I got a 702?

67 of 100 is 67%, on a scale of 0-600 this would be a 402 which means on a scale where the base score is 300 I would have a 702?

Someone please clarify for me!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think anyone knows for sure how it would be calculated. We can only speculate. I think it would be safe to assume that at least a 70-75% is the equivalent to the 650 passing mark. Per PTCB, the way they calculate the scores are not with traditional methods.

Members don't see this ad :)
I passed!!!

... now what? Do i just sit on my butt till I get my certification in the mail so I can register for a license? I'm in Texas, anyone else have experience with this?