Technology pda memory?

Started by Zazoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Zazoo

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
heya,
another palm question... how much memory would you guys recommend? will be getting the tungsten e2 (32mb) with an SD card of a yet undecided size, and *intend* to use it as a work tool - i.e. diary and mini medical library.
cheers!
 
It's according to what you load on your PDA. I have ePocrates Essentials, Stedman's, Sanford Guide, MedCalc, PEPID EM, Washington Manual, Pocket EM, AvantGo, Salling Clicker (controls your Mac via Bluetooth), AOL Instant Messenger, Quicken, and Splash Shopper installed on mine. I'm using the standard memory on my T5 (256 MB?), with exception to the Washington Manual. It came installed on an SD card.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have basically every free program there is, and most of them are quite small. Even my epocrates (full suite - 3 month trial subscription) only takes about 16 Mb. I worried at first, cause I only have a 256 Mb SD card and whatever comes built into the Dell X50. But, I don't think I'll come close to filling that up.

Now if you like music on your PDA, that will suck up the space quite quickly, and you should probably go bigger.

BTW, Sams Club has 1 Gb SD for $79.
 
nop, no music! would have the mini-library and probably powerpoint presentations, and the odd word and excel documents as i work on them.
not in the US, so don't know what sams club is - take it its a computer store. been looking at UK based online stores, 1gb sd card would cost around £60-£80, compared to £40-70 for a 512mb and £30-40 for a 256mb.
tungsten xx looks nice - but don't think i'll need wifi, am a newbie to pda's so want to have some time to figure out how it works before term starts!

sooo, going on what you say, 256mb would be a sensible choice?
 
all techy related stuff seem to be cheaper outside europe!! so unfair! just get v. jealous when i happen to check out a US site first.
anyways, have never used ebay ( 😱 ), so am hesistant about using it (the technophobe within me is clinging on...). did have a look on the site - indeed, the prices are tempting...
would it be sensible to get the pda from an internet store, then all the accessories (including sd card) from ebay?
thanks!