Technology PDA program recommendations

Started by devin2dr
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

devin2dr

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any recommendations on which PDA programs are the best to invest in for the hospital....has anyone used the Harrisons program????
Thanks, 🙂
 
DrMom said:
I'm going to move this to the new tech forum. 🙂

I haven't found any one program to be that spectactular (especially at the prices they charge). I like having several programs so that when one program is missing the info I need I can check another. I definitely recommend free programs. I've got a list below:

Free:
ePocrates (keep in mind that they track you when you use this program)
Pregnancy Wheel: www.mdhelper.com
Eponyms: http://eponyms.net/eponyms.htm
Med Calc: http://www.medcalc.com/

Pay:
Any of the 5 minute series (they're all great)
Washington Manual
Sanford's Guide
Stedman's Medical Dictionary

Hope this helps! 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
devin2dr said:
Any recommendations on which PDA programs are the best to invest in for the hospital....has anyone used the Harrisons program????
Thanks, 🙂
I tried quite a few programs and found Harrison's to be less helpful than most. 5MCC is good, but I got that free w/ InfoRetriever from my school. Stedman's (full version) might actually be worth the money, it's been more useful than most.

As for free stuff, just get a bunch and try them out. I'm not at my home computer, so I can't give you a good list or website.
 
AtoZ Drugs is awesome, far superior to epocrates! The problem is that you have to either buy it or install it in an illegal fashion.