PDA Programs Special for Ob/Gyn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Antiviral22

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone ... I'm an MS3 (male) 2 days away from starting my ob/gyn clerkship and I'm very excited because I'm quite positive this is what I want to do as a career.

Does anyone have recommendations for good PDA software that has been helpful for ob/gyn as a student, resident, or attending?? I bought the pocket book by Gordon, but I'd like something for my Palm as well. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I actually loved the First Aid series from USBMIS. I found that the outline format of First Aid translated really well to quick-looker-uppers on my Palm. Has all the basic information a 3rd year needs. And there's a great timetable of what labs to order when during prenatal care that I still use as quick reminders during my 4th year. Biggest problem is that it's so expensive.

There's also a free program called OBSuite that has a pregnancy wheel and a patient data management program. I haven't gotten it to work on my Palm (probably b/c it's totally loaded with a bunch of programs), and have been less enthralled about using a PDA as a pt. tracking tool, but I imagine the pregnancy wheel portion would be useful.

I actually loved the First Aid series from USBMIS. I found that the outline format of First Aid translated really well to quick-looker-uppers on my Palm. Has all the basic information a 3rd year needs. And there's a great timetable of what labs to order when during prenatal care that I still use as quick reminders during my 4th year. Biggest problem is that it's so expensive.

There's also a free program called OBSuite that has a pregnancy wheel and a patient data management program. I haven't gotten it to work on my Palm (probably b/c it's totally loaded with a bunch of programs), and have been less enthralled about using a PDA as a pt. tracking tool, but I imagine the pregnancy wheel portion would be useful.

Thanks Pegsie! That USBMIS site also has the little red obgyn book for my pda! The new version is so bulky so this comes in handy.