Technology Pda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doowai

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What PDA do any of you recommend?

I was looking at the TUngsten E2, mostly because it is relatively cheap - but it is not easily compatible with Windows Vista.

What do you all recommend?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an iPAQ 111 that has been great. The only drawback is that it is Windows Mobile. I use styletap to run palmOS programs.

I have a BlackBerry Curve with Epocrates - that's all I need, medicine-wise. Oh, and lots of text files.

Members don't see this ad :)
the only 2 programs i use are epocrates and johns hopkins antibiotic guide. i've used a sony clie (no longer made by sony, and it literally died), a dell axim (program provided, which i sold on ebay), and now a palm tungsten.

if it just has to be windows vista compatible, look for the cheapest one available on ebay/craigslist/buy.com/frys.com/ecost.com/tigerdirect.com/etc. .

Treo 680. PDA, cell phone, email, internet, infrared port.... Runs palmOS. Fine with epocrates. QWERTY keyboard, like Blackberry. Had Treo for almost 5 years now, started with Treo 600 in 2003, went through several upgrades now:love:

Treo 680. PDA, cell phone, email, internet, infrared port.... Runs palmOS. Fine with epocrates. QWERTY keyboard, like Blackberry. Had Treo for almost 5 years now, started with Treo 600 in 2003, went through several upgrades now:love:

Yeah Treo is now how I am leaning. I wanted to download the UCSF hospitalist handbook - had lots of short great tips for when on call, but it looks like they took it down.

My whole family (wife and children) are on T-mobile. Can I use T -mobile service with the Treo. I just want to have epocrates, diagnosaurus, JH ABX guide and some good hospitalist guide.

I have a BlackBerry Curve with Epocrates - that's all I need, medicine-wise. Oh, and lots of text files.

I was looking at the Blackberry pearl. Can I use T-mobile service, plus would it also hold JH ABX guide, and a hospitalist guide or something?

I still have my good ol' Treo 650 (from Verizon). I'm thinking of upgrading to the 755p soon, since I could use the extra RAM, and a couple of buttons on my 650 don't work anymore due to "customer abuse" (e.g., dropping the d**n thing at least 50 times).

The King (Palm OS) is dead...long live the King! ;)