PDA's & drug reference software

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PWillis04

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Just curious to know what PDA's anyone would suggest having for clinics? Also, what dental drug reference software do you have?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

PWillis04 said:
Hello Everyone!

Just curious to know what PDA's anyone would suggest having for clinics? Also, what dental drug reference software do you have?

Thanks!

You can get a pretty basic version of Epocrates online (for free, I believe). I used this first (and still have it on my PDA) to see how much I would really use a drug guide while in school.

My #1 suggestion, though is from Lexi-Comp --- Dental Lexi Drugs. I find it more useful than other drug programs that are geared toward med students, physicians, etc.. because it has specific info for each drug regarding "Effects on Dental Treatment" and "Vasoconstrictor/Local Anesthetic Precautions". The program has versions for both Palm and Windows.

Lexi-comp is great if your school has a subscription that you can use for free. If not, you can use rxlist.com