UNC Adams School of Dentistry to start drug testing all dental students and residents starting this October. Does your dental school drug test you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cavity_Search

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
The drug test will screen for all illicit drugs, including marijuana metabolites. If you smoke marijuana in a state where it's legal, and return to UNC and test positive, it's still an honor code violation. If you test positive for any drug you lose all clinical privileges.

Members don't see this ad.

The drug test will screen for all illicit drugs, including marijuana metabolites. If you smoke marijuana in a state where it's legal, and return to UNC and test positive, it's still an honor code violation. If you test positive for any drug you lose all clinical privileges.
meth-before-after-圖-111111厂-dont-do-drugs-kids-5251943.png

Big Hoss

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
All future employers will also be testing you. Guess it’s time to get used to it.

Did the school say whether it’s recurring? I wouldn’t be surprised if they stop once they realize that it’s hella expensive.

Members don't see this ad :)
We have to pay for our own drug test and background check every year (May/June). It comes to about $100 for both so it's not too bad. We aren't allowed in clinic or didactic classes without it being current.

All future employers will also be testing you. Guess it’s time to get used to it.

Did the school say whether it’s recurring? I wouldn’t be surprised if they stop once they realize that it’s hella expensive.
Not true

Labor market must be tough lol

It is tough. Some employers are skipping criminal record background checks.

America’s workforce is aging. Population is declining at most counties in the US. Our country for the most part is closed to foreign workforce, a lot of industries are permanently short staffed because young people don’t want to do those jobs; specially trade jobs.

If everyone who is unemployed came off unemployment today, we would still be short of millions of workforce. As of now, there are 10M+ jobs open, and only 7-8M are unemployed. A lot of people are also working 2 jobs or more to make ends meet. The pandemic changed the labor market forever.

Reactions: 1 user
The dental school I went to drug tested us prior to us working on external dental offices. Never before then.

I was drug tested prior to my employment as a resident at a hospital, but in the private practice world, no one drug tests.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll sell you my pee for $100

Good, they should drug test.