Peak DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

portlander

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you say your actual DAT was your highest score?

I was just wondering how many of you who have taken the DAT "peaked" your performance the day of the test. Was it easier than other tests, or were you just more focused?

I'm getting scared, and I need encouragement:)

Members don't see this ad.

Yup, I did, My Science scores were the highest I ever got. I couldn't even dream that kind of scores. After I finished my Princeton review course. I spent 20 days polishing through Kaplan material. I also did 1 practice test a day at the exact time that I'm supposed to take the DAT. And I did 13 sample tests before the real one. Only my PAT is lower because the PAT section on topscore was so easy, you know. And the drawings of the real one was crooked also.
Don't be scared, keep on studying. And you'll do better than you thought.
All the best
T

My scores also peaked on test day.. my science, math and reading scores were soooo much higher than i expected... but i agree with tinkerbell that my PAT was lower than i expected because the actual PAT is harder than Kaplan's... don't worry too much -- just study your a$$ off and you'll do great :)

hazel

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my gosh, thank you.

I feel so much better now that you have said that. I've hit a platau of getting 20's on all my practice tests. And I also have been doing practice tests pretty much every day. I only have 10 or so days left, and I hope it is enough to get me those phenomenal scores!! When I took the SAT years ago, I scored 200 pts better than I ever had when I took it. I'm hoping for a repeat of this!

I scored mostly what I expected on the DAT. I thought that I would get a higher PAT score........like many of you, I was scoring at LEAST two or three points higher than I actually did on test day. PAT sucks because you always THINK you picked the right answer........and a lot of the time, you didn't. I also thought I had done really well on math, and didn't.

It was a toss-up for me:

My Bio, Ochem, Chem, and PAT scores were 1-2 pts. lower than practice exams, but my Math score was higher than I had anticipated by 2-3 pts. My reading score was right on place with my practice exams.