pearson exams for pcat retakes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmRxn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how many of you are using them to prepare for june's pcat?
did you see exact question show up on your last pcat?

Members don't see this ad.

I highly recommend these. I took the January PCAT and did not see any of those questions repeated. However, I did find them helpful because you got to see the types of questions that you will see on the exam and it will prepare you for the timing. That quant section goes by fast and it will help on exam day if you are expecting it.

hi everyone is the practice exams from the pcat website printable? ... and if you buy the two for $60 can u go back to do it again and again till you feel comfortable with it. Can you time the second exam and not the first if you buy it together. thanks.

they are not printable. you can take them as many times as you want as long as you don't submit your score. and you can use the timer as many times as you want.

I have been looking at the practice tests a lot. are the math and chemistry questions similar to the actual pcat? like...are they pretty much the same with different numbers? Because I have been going through and I pretty much know how to do the math problems, but I'm afraid I'm going to be so used to how they are worded on the practice that when I get to the real one I will freak out because they aren't worded the same. I don't like taking tests when they are over so much material....ahhhh!

Members don't see this ad :)
I notice at least 3 questions in the practice exam with trig functions. weird, so will the actual exam test you on trig function also?
Also, everytime I clicked on the get answer/explaination Pearson brings me to the user screen name and password. Anyone here know why or do I have to pay for the answer too?

Last edited:
they are not printable. you can take them as many times as you want as long as you don't submit your score. and you can use the timer as many times as you want.

I have been looking at the practice tests a lot. are the math and chemistry questions similar to the actual pcat? like...are they pretty much the same with different numbers? Because I have been going through and I pretty much know how to do the math problems, but I'm afraid I'm going to be so used to how they are worded on the practice that when I get to the real one I will freak out because they aren't worded the same. I don't like taking tests when they are over so much material....ahhhh!
The barebones of it will be the same (as in the breadth of the material tested), but don't expect many instances where you're writing the August PCAT and go "hey! I've seen this this and also this on the practice in the exact same wording but using different numbers!"

If you do okay on the practice, you'll be perfectly fine.

I notice at least 3 questions in the practice exam with trig functions. weird, so will the actual exam test you on trig function also?
Also, everytime I clicked on the get answer/explaination Pearson brings me to the user screen name and password. Anyone here know why or do I have to pay for the answer too?

You don't need to pay for the answers separately. What happens if you enter your user name and password? If you keep having problems, you should call Pearson's. If you paid the money, you are entitled to the answers. One last thought: are you using the right browser?

Yeah if you use firefox it doesn't work. i normally use firefox for internet stuff and I forget like everytime when I log into the test until I click on a section and it won't give me the answer choices.

Yeah if you use firefox it doesn't work. i normally use firefox for internet stuff and I forget like everytime when I log into the test until I click on a section and it won't give me the answer choices.

I use IE when it comes to the Pearson practice, but I still get the same problem. Do you have to complete every section and submit your answer first before you can see the answer and explanation? I just want to know if anyone else has the same problem or I will give them a call.

no you don't have to complete the test to see the answers. You don't even have to click an answer before clicking to see the answer/explination. I would give them a call, or maybe try using a different computer?