Pedi intern good luck and humor thread-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oldbearprofessor

Full Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, I know the entering interns are a bit nervous...

So, to lighten things up, here are a few things I've seen actually written in the charts of babies over the years by residents. I bet our new interns won't write these as they have had years of training in evidence-based medicine that we didn't get.🙂

Please add your own or other humorous pearls for the interns!

1. "Extubate at half-time"

This was written during a March Madness game by someone who wanted to be sure they had a full 20 minutes to watch the baby after extubation.

2. "Bed Rest with Bathroom privileges"

This one I've seen in the charts of several preterm infants after various surgeries. Um, we don't usually worry about this too much in neonatology...


In any case, Good luck interns! Only 36 more months to go!👍