Pediatric advanced life support

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mnb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I will be starting my PGY1 in july and was recently asked by the program to purchase e Pediatric Advance Life Support Provider Manual.

I looked the the AAP website and could not find this book. Instead I found APLS Course Manual - Revised 4th Edition

On Amazon I saw Advanced Paediatric Life Support: The Practical Approach. Could not find this book on AAP website.

Can someone advice me as to which book to get?

thanks

Can

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I will be starting my PGY1 in july and was recently asked by the program to purchase e Pediatric Advance Life Support Provider Manual.

I looked the the AAP website and could not find this book. Instead I found APLS Course Manual - Revised 4th Edition

On Amazon I saw Advanced Paediatric Life Support: The Practical Approach. Could not find this book on AAP website.

Can someone advice me as to which book to get?

thanks

Can

That's because they are two totally different courses. If you are going to be taking PALS, then you need the PALS manual.

Here's one vendor I found:

http://store.channing-bete.com/onli...e=&item=PALS+Provider+Manual+And+Course+Guide

DO NOT buy one of the old manuals -- the course was just changed in many significant ways!

Ed

Thank for the info.