SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Pediatric Anesthesia fellowship applications for 2015-2016

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by Jay82, Jun 8, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Jay82

Jay82 ASA Member 5+ Year Member

Sep 16, 2011
    I think it depends on your previous scores. My CA2 scores were significantly better than CA1. I believe my CA2 score helped to match within my top 3.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Hockeyguy

Hockeyguy Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jun 22, 2005
    St Louis/Denver
    I trained there, residency not Peds fellowship, I almost did the fellowship but bailed cause I just went into PP. You can't go wrong there great faculty good cases.

4. Depakote

Depakote Pediatric Anesthesiologist Rocket Scientist Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Personally, I went ahead and submitted my application prior to my CA-2 ITE scores and then sent updates once the scores went out. I don't think sending the app without the scores hurt me and having the application in early may have helped me get my foot in the door at a few places.

5. crazywiththecheezwhiz

crazywiththecheezwhiz ASA Member 2+ Year Member

Apr 4, 2014
    I ended up not applying to Peds, but now I am regretting it. I don't have the greatest ITE scores but would like to try to get a spot. How hard is it to find a place outside of the match? Do places like Boston Children's still have rolling acceptances or has that all changed? And how heavily do they weigh ITE scores??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

6. IlDestriero

IlDestriero Ether Man Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

Nov 24, 2007
    The ivory tower.
    It can't hurt to call around. The out of match spots are usually reserved for superstars with "you must train this applicant and then we want them back" kind of LORs. At least the ones I'm familiar with. You can also just get an AMC job, pass the written boards, and apply then.
    The way bad ITE scores hurt is that if the fellowship is worried you won't pass the boards they don't want anything to do with you. If you can't get a job after the fellowship it becomes "our" problem and then we all look bad. You don't have that problem when you don't accept candidates with <50th percentile scores.

--
    Il Destriero

7. SleepDoc1

SleepDoc1

Aug 13, 2017

Well Dr. Martin was made to leave the program & since then the whole program is in a self destruction mode. There is no accademic activity going on. It is very biased towards ethenic groups and I would not consider Arkansas Children's Hospital for fellowship or job... If I were you

8. SleepDoc1

SleepDoc1

Aug 13, 2017

I would take Arkansas (Little Rock) off the list... That place is in a death spiral.... The newly hired chief was fired a few months ago.... he was a total waste of time

9. Justice4all

Justice4all 2+ Year Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Good luck all tomorrow