Pediatric Board 2014- HELP NEEDED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

walaa1982

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I know several ppl been asking the same questions and there are several threads talking about the same topic but i do have some specific q andi wish someone can help/advice me.
I just finished peds residency and started my fellowship. Iam taking my peds boards this year but with the fellowship, its really hard to fine time to study. Iam very anxious and scared.

I was thinking about taking a live course to help me focus and i really would appreciate your input since its really expensive and time consuming and couldnt find any helpful review to help me pick.
I would like to know what u guys think about UCLA, Michigan Uni, osler, Cleavland and Medstudy LIVE courses? Does anybody been to one or know if one is better than the other?

If not live courses, what do u think about VIDEO courses? is it worth it?

Also, other than PREP q , what other Q bank you recommend? is Medstudy a good one ? or there is another one?

Last question, what other books than LWY is a good concise resource ?

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSS alot everyone for taking the time to reply. I really APPRECIATE it

Walaa

Members don't see this ad.

hi Walaa. Sounds overwhelming. I'd definitely stay away from studying medstudy. It's SO dense that it's like reading an encyclopedia. LYW is too thin on the details. I failed the first time I took the boards because I tried to look at WAY too much stuff, and ended up failing.

Then I found PBR - www.pediatricsboardreview.com and learned a TON about HOW to study for the boards from someone who had also struggled with the boards once. Ashish (the author) has LOADS of awesome articles on how to pass the boards, I think he gives away 2 or 3 chapters on this website, and his study guide is exactly what ur looking for.

it's concise, to the point, easy to read, and gives you exactly what you need to pass the boards. And, it worked wonders for me the second time around. there's even a private Facebook group for his pbr members, and I think he's coming out wiht his own version of board review conference, but it's all going to be through remote access from home. He has articles on the site that answer just about all of the questions mentioned about (prep, live courses, etc.) Just have a look - http://www.pediatricsboardreview.com/pediatric-board-review-online-video-course

His video course, or conference thing wasn't around when I took the boards, but I would've loved to have the material in video format too. It's kind of neat to see what he's going to come up with next bec he's always trying to think of new ways to help pediatricians study more efficiently. I'm sure he'd be happy to help you think through your struggles too. My lowly opinion is that you need the pbr, and you need a schedule to make sure you get through the books 3-4 times.

GOOD LUCK!!!

j