Pediatric Boards: What medstudy question percentage getting correct to pass boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaizenakira

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have passed the ped boards, what was your average percent correct for the medstudy questions?

Just trying to get a rough sense of where I'm at right now.

Members don't see this ad.

BUMP! I'm going for round two next month, and I am terrified. I can't remember what percentage I was getting correct last year, but it wasn't good. Something in the low to mid 50s I'd gather. This year, I am getting about 60-70% on PREP and MedStudy.. and I do not know what to make of it. I CAN'T fail again. I'm an attending, for goodness sakes. This thing has been my life for about 2 years now and I so just want it behind me. I was two points shy of a pass next year, 2-3 questions shy apparently. Any advice is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
BUMP! I'm going for round two next month, and I am terrified. I can't remember what percentage I was getting correct last year, but it wasn't good. Something in the low to mid 50s I'd gather. This year, I am getting about 60-70% on PREP and MedStudy.. and I do not know what to make of it. I CAN'T fail again. I'm an attending, for goodness sakes. This thing has been my life for about 2 years now and I so just want it behind me. I was two points shy of a pass next year, 2-3 questions shy apparently. Any advice is appreciated!

The more questions the better. I did four years of PREP, and read all the explanations to the answers twice (more if I got the answer wrong)

According to them (I called), it's ~70%

I would say if you're scoring around the mid-60s percent correct on PREP then you're in a good spot. If you're in the 70s then you're doing great.

I have no idea about Med Study. Personally, I felt that the Med Study questions were unnecessarily complex and were very unlike true boards questions. I ditched them and did a few extra years of PREP (5 years total).

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

My PD said you need 70% from PREP to pass..
I am starting to study now, so far I got the LYWTPB and now debating about med study. Most people recommend med study, but my question is- are the books and questions enough? they have this package for "pass guarantee" with "only" 150$ separating books + Qbank from the full think (books + Qbank 12 month + flash cards + audio) and money back if you fail. Any thoughts?

My PD said you need 70% from PREP to pass..
I am starting to study now, so far I got the LYWTPB and now debating about med study. Most people recommend med study, but my question is- are the books and questions enough? they have this package for "pass guarantee" with "only" 150$ separating books + Qbank from the full think (books + Qbank 12 month + flash cards + audio) and money back if you fail. Any thoughts?

70% correct on PREP as a minimum to pass is hard for me to believe. I think it's a great goal and achieving it would make failing very unlikely, but you can score lower and still pass.

For Med Study, I would suggest getting copies to look at before committing. Laughing Your Way and Med Study are completely different. The Med Study books are dense and may be helpful if you feel like there is information you need to learn rather than review what you already know. I liked the electronic flashcards and they are helpful for reviewing buzzwords and phrases while on the go. I did not like the Med Study questions and preferred to work through previous years of PREP. I can't offer any input on the audio.

Good luck!

Ugh... Just finished PREP 2011. 64%. I've done 2011-2016. Feel like I'm forgetting as I'm learning. Round 2 coming up next Thursday... now what do I do?

Bump. Just curious what folks are averaging on the medstudy q&a. I seem to be settling somewhere around 75%.

For those of you who have passed the ped boards, what was your average percent correct for the medstudy questions?

Just trying to get a rough sense of where I'm at right now.
I would like to know also! Have get any answer from anyone?

Anyone mind saying what they got on Med study and if they passed/failed? I’ve got like 65% of questions done and and am averaging 80%. Hope that’s going to be good enough...