Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Currently a 3rd year student on the road to determining where my future is going to find itself. As someone interested in Pediatrics as well as Emergency Medicine, I find myself wanting a job that I'm not positive exists...
I find myself quite at home working in the Emergency Room with the acute care, healthy dose of procedural work, and generally faster pace, though I also really enjoy the aspect of being able to treat a patient through their entire hospital stay. That being said, are there positions where someone who completes a Residency in Peds followed by a Fellowship in Peds EM can work as both an EM attending and a hospitalists, splitting their time between the 2?
Whether there is or not, I certainly think it would be a great position to have, not only being an attending admitting patients but also taking admissions as well... Just a thought, would appreciate the feedback.
JJW
I find myself quite at home working in the Emergency Room with the acute care, healthy dose of procedural work, and generally faster pace, though I also really enjoy the aspect of being able to treat a patient through their entire hospital stay. That being said, are there positions where someone who completes a Residency in Peds followed by a Fellowship in Peds EM can work as both an EM attending and a hospitalists, splitting their time between the 2?
Whether there is or not, I certainly think it would be a great position to have, not only being an attending admitting patients but also taking admissions as well... Just a thought, would appreciate the feedback.
JJW